Author Topic: jabba_man's customs and WIP Landos millennium falcon  (Read 11451 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: WIP Landos millennium falcon
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2019, 10:40:55 AM »
Your project is bloody darn awesome, man!

I've already spent a good half hour looking at your pictures on my cell phone. I sent one of my buddies the link and asked him if he needed an upgrade of the SOLO Falcon he found on clearance for 14 bucks recently. Well, now I'm sitting at my laptop to read everything you shared about your Millenium Falcon so far and now my jaw hurts quite a bit from hitting the desk.
I didn't recognize you used the Legacy Falcon for this crazy project! There're quite a few incomplete BMFs on ebay here in Germany starting at 60€.
So if I find another one around that price range I will take that into consideration. But I doubt that I can make it look that brilliantly like yours!

It's no secret that you did an epic job on your Falcon! Despite all the hate against the SOLO movie, I really like the design of the Falcon to the time when she still belonged to Lando. The cargo add-on looks very reasonable.
Love the white base paint and blue paint apps on it. The cockpit looks sick with all the lights added. Not to mention the incredible work on the front. 'Nuff said since already said in the comments above. I've sworn more than I should already, but this custom ship looks fredding fantastic! Jabba_man - welcome here and thank you so much for sharing this top notch project!

What a great idea!

Much respect & appreciation from Germany!

- Philipp

P.S.: That electric car in the background is pretty nice, too! Always dreamed of one of those when I was a kid...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 10:43:44 AM by Darth More »

Offline MIKED

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 08:32:07 PM »
It's been a really long time since I've seen custom work that really excited me. This is really spectacular. I hope we get to see some interior shots... and some shots with figures

Offline Jabba_man

• Cadet
  • "i have spoken"
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2019, 08:50:51 PM »
Thanks! I'm hoping to have the inside painted soon and a crew for it. I wish Hasbro would have made the whole crew for the vintage collection :/ but I found a little figurine set from a Disney store that will work nicely. And for anybody wanting to do this the paint is tamiya white fine model primer and the blue is from a paint pen I got from Walmart. The paint is what really brought this together. It hides alot of the mistakes I made lol. I'm a huge millennium falcon fan and Hasbro didnt do this version justice by releasing that tiny under scaled toy.

Offline Jabba_man

• Cadet
  • "i have spoken"
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 08:53:00 PM »
Your project is bloody darn awesome, man!

I've already spent a good half hour looking at your pictures on my cell phone. I sent one of my buddies the link and asked him if he needed an upgrade of the SOLO Falcon he found on clearance for 14 bucks recently. Well, now I'm sitting at my laptop to read everything you shared about your Millenium Falcon so far and now my jaw hurts quite a bit from hitting the desk.
I didn't recognize you used the Legacy Falcon for this crazy project! There're quite a few incomplete BMFs on ebay here in Germany starting at 60€.
So if I find another one around that price range I will take that into consideration. But I doubt that I can make it look that brilliantly like yours!

It's no secret that you did an epic job on your Falcon! Despite all the hate against the SOLO movie, I really like the design of the Falcon to the time when she still belonged to Lando. The cargo add-on looks very reasonable.
Love the white base paint and blue paint apps on it. The cockpit looks sick with all the lights added. Not to mention the incredible work on the front. 'Nuff said since already said in the comments above. I've sworn more than I should already, but this custom ship looks fredding fantastic! Jabba_man - welcome here and thank you so much for sharing this top notch project!

What a great idea!

Much respect & appreciation from Germany!

- Philipp

P.S.: That electric car in the background is pretty nice, too! Always dreamed of one of those when I was a kid...

Thank you for the kind words. It really means alot to me  :)

Offline Jabba_man

• Cadet
  • "i have spoken"
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2019, 10:31:42 AM »
The crew have arrived

Offline Jabba_man

• Cadet
  • "i have spoken"
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2019, 07:47:04 PM »
Hey guys! Today I got to do a little more work on the falcon. I was able to source a better sized dish for her. I built the bottom gun for the belly and did a little kitbash and rework on the front end so there isnt so many gaps and it slopes down more smoothly. Also added some details around the vents on the mandibles ( not sure what they are called) and to finish it off I did a little weathering around the rear engines.

Offline Jabba_man

• Cadet
  • "i have spoken"
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2019, 08:01:24 PM »
Front end:

Offline Jabba_man

• Cadet
  • "i have spoken"
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2019, 08:04:04 PM »
Front

Offline Jabba_man

• Cadet
  • "i have spoken"
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2019, 08:08:15 PM »
This is the source material I'm working from

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2019, 10:10:12 PM »
The lighting looks really good. Nice job with the rewiring. I think that your work putting together the new nose section is really excellent. I like the new radar dish too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2019, 09:01:57 AM »
Hands down one of the greatest projects I have seen custom wise lately. So cool.

I would so wish Hasbro would give us a front end piece like you had done here where we could turn our Legacy Falcons (the BMF Version) into one of these if we so chose. Don't think I am not gonna use your image and question the brand team about it the next time we do a q and a session. I might even throw in, can you guys create a lighting kit for it too!

Off to share this update.

Offline Dag Marus

• Ensign
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2019, 09:20:39 AM »
This is so incredible.  If Hasbro did this for their next Haslab, I would 100% buy in. 

Offline Jabba_man

• Cadet
  • "i have spoken"
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2019, 07:08:20 PM »
I'm surprised nobody 3d printed one to just clip onto the legacy falcon. Would have made my custom much more easier 🤣

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2019, 12:36:02 AM »
The crew have arrived

Excellent! Those figurines/statues from Disney are of great detail! I really like the sculpts and quality of  painting!
Over the years I received a few of those key chain figurines along with some custom fodder. THose key chains are in 1/24 scale and I love to display them next to Hasbro's underscaled vehicles. The BMF is one of them.
Now, are these figures from Disney rather 1/18 or 1/24 scale, too?
Thanks for your reply btw!

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2019, 05:26:43 AM »
This is so incredible.  If Hasbro did this for their next Haslab, I would 100% buy in.

Now this is a great idea.