Author Topic: Aude's Workshop  (Read 37827 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Aude's Workshop
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2020, 04:05:49 PM »
I think you need to tackle the Jawa Chieftan! 
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2020, 02:58:04 PM »
You're right, RC. I definitely want to make him, just debating which parts to use (repaint vs soft robes). If repainting, the small TBS Jawa seems the closest match; if soft robes, just small SA body. TPM Anakin is the one that comes to mind unless I look at other toy lines. Are there other small SA SW figures?

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2020, 06:32:45 AM »
You're right, RC. I definitely want to make him, just debating which parts to use (repaint vs soft robes). If repainting, the small TBS Jawa seems the closest match; if soft robes, just small SA body. TPM Anakin is the one that comes to mind unless I look at other toy lines. Are there other small SA SW figures?

And you'll need the kukri knife and mud horn egg! I can't wait to see you make him.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2020, 12:11:05 AM »
Your Mandalorian figures are phenomenal.
Every single one is a materpiece.
I've always wanted to make a realistic 3 3/4" Incinerator Trooper. The version in the TFU pack was just a repainted Stormtrooper without the flamethrower.
I'll try it with yours as my inspiration.

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2020, 05:29:46 PM »
RC: Yes of course, he will have all of the accessories. ;) I think the egg in particular could be a lot of fun to make.

Fiala: Thanks! :) The RO Stormtrooper sculpt makes every trooper version look great, and I'm glad that you found the build useful! Hasbro will never be able to fill the demand for this original figure, but the repaints they release will always look good. The chestplate had already begun to yellow slightly when I made this figure though, so I wonder if this is something they were able to remedy with the more recently released wave.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 05:31:18 PM by Aude »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2020, 07:43:57 AM »
Hey Aude, thanks so much for your detailed reply! Awesome sculpting & casting work on the saber's hilts!
Yeah, I lost some super glue on those broken belts...it was painful at the time, but I almost forgot About it. Could also replace some lightsabers with custom fodders from the bay!

Glad to hear about the Fukno POPs! Money saved here. Dude, your attention to detail is amazing. Epic skills all over the place here!

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2020, 02:17:23 AM »
As January draws to a close, I haven’t accomplished nearly as much as I’d like to have done as far as new customs are concerned. Travel in the new year has cut down customizing time. Small international parcels with pieces I was planning to use are MIA in the mail (some for over a month). I can’t convince W’s Scrapyard to scale down 3D prints for purchase (the reason for this remains a mystery to me as others seem to have had no issue ordering 1/18 prints from him)...

All is not lost, of course, and I have managed to turn out one completed piece since last posting. The usual goodies are all here along with a new addition: magnets! Having seen customizers employ them in the past, a golden opportunity for experimentation presented itself when the single plastic jetpack stock peg failed to hold. I picked up some tiny tiny 1.5x1mm magnets from this guy (fast & cheap) that worked great! Cue the electric guitars.

Death Watch Commando (Three Stripes) /// Din’s Protector
The Mandalorian

I cant believe I missed this!

Wow! Simply amazing! The dio is remarkable and totally completes the set! Please make a young Din Djarin!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 05:57:10 AM by Tamer »

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2020, 11:57:08 PM »
Thanks Maul.:) The dio was fun but could have benefited from a bit more depth. I did almost make a young Din companion for the DW Mando. Then I almost made a foundling for the FunkoPOP! Mando. Din/Foundling ultimately didn't happen either time, but it is simmering on the back burner. The most likely forthcoming Din will be in something shiny instead of a poncho, but I'm still waiting on some bodies to arrive.

There seems to be some debate about rocker ankles in 3.75" going on lately, and all I have to say to that is that they're amazing. They make many action poses look truly accurate, and the lack of rockers (along with the mess that is the 3.75" ball hip *sigh*) in Hasbro's current TVC line is disappointing. Along with JoyToy, I'm looking forward to tinkering with some other 1/18 SA figure bodies from other Chinese companies on future figure builds.

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2020, 09:29:00 PM »
I love Ithorians.

Murne Rin
Master of Intelligence

And now Vinto has his first comrade in arms!

"All assets are in play!"

Composition: Epoxy clay sculpted head, feet, vocoder & staff head. Modified TBS Maz Kanata body. Velvet robes with leather lining. Cabochon eyes.

Process: A rebel spy from Fantasy Flight Games' Imperial Assault expansion 'The Bespin Gambit', Murne is a fantastic support character with a lot of utility. She grants boons and free attacks to heroes and allies, and can even order enemy units to attack each other. She's a ton of fun to play!

Since I hadn't sculpted a head in a while, I thought it only fair that a companion to Vinto should receive the same treatment. I began by building a wire armature around the Maz head. From there, I laid down a base of epoxy clay to work from, adding a few layers to finish out the details. After finishing the sculpt I could tell that the Maz neck was going to be a bit long, so I lopped it off, shortened it, and reattached with a combination of epoxy clay and Loctite. I also dremeled out some of the plastic mass so that Murne's head would have greater range of motion. After sanding down joints and then painting up the base body and attaching the skirt, it was time for her robes and accessories.

I purchased the velvet scrap used for her robes a few months ago expressly for this character, but after it arrived I had some reservations about it. After an internal debate and some test fittings of other fabrics, however, I finally settled back on the velvet. I think it turned out alright; the way it conducts light definitely sets it apart. I also wired the folds of her robes so that they could hold their shape and be able to be posed, but I haven't experimented too much with them yet.

My favorite aspects of Murne's character design are her accessories. I've enjoyed seeing the vocoders throughout various SW media, although I don't recall ever seeing them in live action. I built Murne's out of epoxy clay and paper clips with a few translucent red light bits from the fodder bag. It clips on and off easily and didn't require any sort of fastening. I also love her headdress! This I made out of some tiny metal chain links, epoxy clay, a couple fodder tubes, and gold thread. Finally, her staff was made with two lightsaber blades wrapped in leather with an epoxy sculpted head.

Process Photo Gallery

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2020, 05:58:24 AM »
Yep, jaw unhinged again. What a great custom. Man I wish I could leave comments that adequately describe the awe with which I hold them. As I do this one. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2020, 10:00:29 AM »
HOLY SH!T!!!  There are not words to describe how awesome that Ilthoriain is.  The sculpting  is fantastic and the soft goods as always are perfect.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2020, 12:04:11 PM »
Holy shit is exactly right!
The imagination and craftsmanship on this is NEXT LEVEL! Very fine work man!

Offline LUCHUK666

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • IG
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2020, 01:07:22 PM »
A MASTERPIECE!  :o <3

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2020, 10:04:20 PM »
That is absolutely brilliant! You've got skills for sure!!

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2020, 12:37:15 AM »
OMG!!!!!!!!

She is absolutely stunning mate, truly a work of figure genius!