Author Topic: Mobile app: Paint Rack by Courageous Octopus  (Read 2645 times)

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Mobile app: Paint Rack by Courageous Octopus
« on: September 12, 2019, 02:21:43 AM »
I recently discovered an absolutely must have app for us customizers. It's called Paint Rack and is developed by a company called Courageous Octopus.

http://www.courageousoctopus.com/

I wanted to keep track of what paints I have and this app does that to perfection. It has libraries of nearly 40 paint manufacturers and maintaining your digital paint rack is a walk in the park. Just scan the barcode on your paint bottles and you'll have them all sorted in no time.

But then I checked out the other features of this app and those really blew me away.

You can make triads of shades, find (near) perfect matches of a colour between different brands, make paint set projects (i.e. keep track of what paints you used for a customizing project) and even determine a close to exact paint colour of any surface you scan with your phone.

I don't even recall the price of the full version anymore, but whatever it was, it's well worth it.

Check it out in Google Play or in Apple's store and give it a try.

(no, I'm not afiliated or anything like that with Courageous Octopus, just a colourblind customizer who found the most amazing thing since sliced bread :D ).

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Mobile app: Paint Rack by Courageous Octopus
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 02:52:04 AM »
Wow, that does seem awesome. Let me go share this on the front pages.

Thanks for making us aware of it.