Imperial Surplus Sales > Local Finds

What Star Wars retail looks like in Florida these days

(1/3) > >>

RC-1136:

Every Wal-Mart/Target I've visited in a 60 mile radius is pretty much the same. The only place I can find anything is at GameStop, but then only Black Series. And at $24.99 a figure (before taxes), that's a no-go for me.

Occasionally local comic book stores might carry some, but they either are yellowed or too high of a price to justify a purchase ($25 per figure? No thanks!) Or higher, depending on packaging??? Nope!

This is just sad.

I see this problem for the following:

1.) Physical media is down, toys aren't "popular" anymore.
2.) The brand is damaged (after TLJ). I would say a large chunk of fans are disenfranchised. Apathy is the name of the game...
3.) Que times for Star Wars Battlefront is super long at times (even though this is supposedly where people frequent Star Wars "media").
4.) See issue #2.

All of this leads to having to rely on e-bay scalpers...who charge a 200-500% price hike on a lot of items/figures/ships.

Ridiculous.

JDeck:
Yup that's what it looks like here. I haven't seen a new TVC figure since Wave 3, five waves later, there's nothing on the shelf, not even TBS6. I did see a couple of archive figures a couple of months ago, but most likely they were returns. I've given up on Brick and Mortar. It's sad and frustrating going to the toy sections anymore. I still need a few TVC figures, but I don't want to pay $20 for them.

There's a market for this stuff, but they don't put it out. Just because they couldn't sell several cases of wave one, doesn't mean, there isn't a market. Wave one was terrible, just meh figures.

RC-1136:

--- Quote from: JDeck on September 11, 2019, 12:21:58 PM ---Yup that's what it looks like here. I haven't seen a new TVC figure since Wave 3, five waves later, there's nothing on the shelf, not even TBS6. I did see a couple of archive figures a couple of months ago, but most likely they were returns. I've given up on Brick and Mortar. It's sad and frustrating going to the toy sections anymore. I still need a few TVC figures, but I don't want to pay $20 for them.

There's a market for this stuff, but they don't put it out. Just because they couldn't sell several cases of wave one, doesn't mean, there isn't a market. Wave one was terrible, just meh figures.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure it's going to recover. It's so bad right now and I'm not one bit sure what the solution is.

JDeck:
I'm in the distribution business and the one thing they stress the most are out of stocks. You can't sell what isn't there. If toy sales are down, the reason is, because they aren't available to sell. It's pretty simple. Empty shelves are unacceptable. Personally I would consider any remaining wave one figures to be "out of date", mark them down get rid of them in order to make room for the new stuff.

RC-1136:

--- Quote from: JDeck on September 11, 2019, 04:56:56 PM ---I'm in the distribution business and the one thing they stress the most are out of stocks. You can't sell what isn't there. If toy sales are down, the reason is, because they aren't available to sell. It's pretty simple. Empty shelves are unacceptable. Personally I would consider any remaining wave one figures to be "out of date", mark them down get rid of them in order to make room for the new stuff.

--- End quote ---

While I agree with you, nothing new comes in unfortunately. Only the TFA and TLJ stuff sat rotting on shelves. Any Vintage Stuff would pretty much fly off the shelves. I guess after all that stuff sitting there for so long, they aren't going to invest in stocking anymore Star Wars stuff locally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version