Author Topic: Custom Painted BARC Speeder w/Sidecar  (Read 3049 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Custom Painted BARC Speeder w/Sidecar
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 06:08:16 AM »
We need to make sure on our next round of ask Hasbro we ask if we can get a rerelease or a new gunship. What in your opinion was the best one?

Easily the Vintage Collection one. It has accurate, life to scale ball turrets, more realistic sculpted bombs and missiles, and amazing decals. Plus comes with a few figures to crew your Butcher Bird (neat name given by the Geonosians).

View these photos:

I would love to see a re-release, because the post-sale market is untouchable. Even when it hit shelves (I never saw them near me anywhere in central Florida), but the pricepoint was a bit high. $125, I believe? I have to completely rely on the post-sale market, because nothing ever comes here to shelves. If it finally makes it, E-bay scalpers clear the shelves or they only get at most 1-3 units per month. Ridiculous!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 06:42:51 AM by Clanleaderyautja »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2019, 06:47:38 AM »
I agree Clanleader! The Vintage Collection release is easily the most accurate one andbest value for the $119.99 for which it retailed for back in 2013.
Thanks for providing those pictures! I've never seen one in person. The ball turrets are definitely to scale, but the Gunship still based on its very first release back in 2002 looks small next to them. That's why I'd be all in for an all-new release! Hasbro have given us 7 beautiful versions of this awesome vehicle. And they look all great, but are more to 1/24 scale.

If the Republic Gunship (or even the LAAT/c) will be a possible HasLab project in the future, I'd back at least five of them. I wrote more on this here:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9440.msg213041#msg213041
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 06:51:39 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2019, 05:19:02 AM »
Yeah, that has to be the best one. Wish it were a bit bigger. We need to push Hasbro with our Q and A from here on out each time to make one.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2019, 09:10:56 AM »
I managed to snag a Republic Gunship for $350.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2019, 09:36:46 AM »
Holy Bantha, mate! Congratulations! I hope it’s the Vintage Collection one! Awesome! That’s definitely better than 700 bucks!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2019, 11:17:53 AM »
Holy Bantha, mate! Congratulations! I hope it’s the Vintage Collection one! Awesome! That’s definitely better than 700 bucks!

It was!  ()rr I got super lucky on that bid. That's definitely not a bad price point.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2019, 06:15:11 AM »
Good for you. I haven't seen a gunship in awhile.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2019, 07:53:03 AM »
Good for you. I haven't seen a gunship in awhile.

I got lucky on Ebay.  I haven't seen one in person since 2006-2008.