Author Topic: Walmart "Solo" playset on clearance!  (Read 4535 times)

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
Walmart "Solo" playset on clearance!
« on: August 08, 2019, 04:52:00 PM »
If anyone was waiting for the Walmart exclusive "Solo" cardboard playset to get clearanced, now is your time!

If it was $10 or less, I would have snagged it just for the figure, cannon and fuel cells.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Walmart "Solo" playset on clearance!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 07:12:57 AM »
Still probably gonna pass. Just didn't like the look of those cardboard playsets. I still need to get the artillery piece from Solo. Off to share.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 02:08:05 AM »
Still waiting for the stores near me to drop prices. Been super random lately with discounts and all the stuff flys off shelves when cheap in my areas. Couldn't believe I found TVC MIMBAN for $5 then a week later all TVC was $2.50 and hot wheels ships  $1! I was like  :o only got the scraps of junk (jyn, snoke, rey, HW solo landspeeder) but still fun to get these deals... Like I saw GS has a crazy sale now too.

Anyways I'd love to get that playset (and the vandor one)... I like they finally went and made vintage cardboard sets. Its just too much $$$ and WAY too late... These should've been out since TFA with smaller environments and accessory's  along with a super random scene filler droid/alien figure... Imagine the rey at-at home or unkar's shack or resistance base heck even snoke's throne room would've been so easy!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 03:00:07 AM »
I really liked that Jabba's Playset that came out in vintage packaging even though I never did find it. Man the prices its going for are crazy!

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 03:47:15 AM »
Nice finds there gentlemen!

TheSpectre: Thanks for sharing all your finds! I really enjoy following your threads. And wish we had  Michael's here in Germany! lol

(SID): Awesome score on those TVC figures at Walmart! Tamer is right, the good stuff goes for crazy money - the Mimban Trooper being one of it.
I'm a fan of textures and depth, but I'm happy you like those cardboard environments and dioramas! I attached a picture down below. It shows some dioramas of Cardboard Galaxy, which a friend of mine got from them. You might know them already:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/thecardboardgalaxy/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

https://www.facebook.com/CardboardGalaxy/

Tamer: If you mean the TVC Jabba's Palace Adventure Playset, it's not too late, yet! They just started to arrive here in Europe (UK and Germany), so I'm sure you'll definitely get the chance to find one online. I would't rely on retail stores here...
And same here. Would be nice to get this cannon! Recently I got this 2-Pack with Lando and the tri-pod cannon from Amazon - I love it!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:51:40 AM by Tamer »

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 09:34:56 PM »
?  I've seen those dios before they are the soul reason I was (still will) pushing for that kinda thing from Hasbro. Its a no brainer to me... The solo sets looked randomly intricate and annoying to put together from all the pictures and reviews. The ones they had for "dark skies"/CW line were fine enough... The two potf2 sets aswell. But what do I know?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 02:59:48 AM »
Wow, after looking at your cardboard playset links and rereading SID's views I am rethinking my opinion on these cardboard sets. Off to the front page.