Author Topic: Walmart Octuptarra Droid  (Read 4621 times)

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Re: Walmart Octuptarra Droid
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 02:56:41 PM »
Nice review.

I'm still on the fence with this thing.  It just looks too "toy-ish" I think.  (If that makes any sense.)  I didn't realize this was a vehicle so the cockpit was a surprise.   :o

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 03:21:16 PM »
Same here!  I had no idea that it was a vehicle for others.  After seeing this review, I am now considering it...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 03:45:42 PM »
This one would be great for a Christophsis dio. My guess is that Hasbro felt it was big enough to add this feature to it. Were it an actual vehicle in the movie, I'm sure they would have shown Anakin cutting a droid driver out of one during his counter attack in that scene.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009, 05:25:43 PM »
huh... interesting with the cockpit feature, I as well wasn't expecting that.  kind of funny addition to a droid... 

as far as it looking too "toyish" that could be easily fixed with a wash of weathering and fresh paint that doesn't look so fresh.

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009, 06:32:35 PM »
The only reason I probably won't be picking this one up is the ugly paint job. I think the whole Clone Wars color scheme for the separatists is crap. If it were the same color as the tri-droid that's packaged as a regular figure, I'd be all over it, though... not enough droid vehicles! I really don't like Wal-mart, though, but I guess I would get over it for a better painted version of that thing. Probably too big of a task for me to repaint, unfortunately... we'll see....

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 06:39:18 PM »

as far as it looking too "toyish" that could be easily fixed with a wash of weathering and fresh paint that doesn't look so fresh.

You're probably right in that a custom paint job would really help, but I'm new to all this customization stuff.  If I'm gonna destroy something I'll wait for that something to be on sale first. :)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 08:21:30 PM »
BR Steel, that is a good motto to stand by.  I used to only customize items I had duplicates of or was able to get realy cheap...  now almost everything I buy gets customized....

XV: the smaller legacy tri-droids colors would be perfect on this sucker! I might have to do that just to see how it would look and then sell it on e-bay! lol...unless one of you guys wants to foot the bill on a droid and let me paint it for you  ;D   I definately agree with you about the clone wars' sepratist color scheme... it sucks.  But that's what you get in an animated cartoon... cartoonish colors...  ::)

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 07:13:10 PM »
that thing is really impressive. 

I want one but I'm hesitant on it, no room or any really need for it except as a curiosity, but I really DO want one

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 07:22:26 PM »
I figure that we will see this one go on clearance before all is said and done. It is a cool piece but, it is sizable.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2009, 07:28:14 PM »
I also with they'd repaint in the color scheme of the Tri Droid from the Battle of Mygeeto battlepack. 

sure it will likely never happen but if it DID there's no way I would hesitate for even a second, I'd preorder it if I had to.   :)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2009, 07:32:35 PM »
Well you could do that, NFC. It would be easy and look really cool.