Author Topic: My Custom Figures (Republic, CIS, Imperial, Criminals, and MORE!)  (Read 113390 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Custom Imperial and Rebel Forces!
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2019, 12:13:14 PM »
Stormtrooper Sharpshooter

Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2019, 03:36:27 PM »
I like that design! This sharpshooter looks excellent! He looks like a  “Heckenschütze“.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2019, 04:51:50 PM »
I like that design! This sharpshooter looks excellent! He looks like a  “Heckenschütze“.

Thanks! I was watching Fury at the time...so the German sniper may have played a small role in the design concept.  ()rr
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2019, 01:37:42 AM »
Your battle tested Stormtrooper Sharpshooter looks amazing.
I like the weathering and the pieces of fabric.

I also like your DLT-19D heavy blaster rifle.
It would be great if you could give us a short tutorial on how to make an accurate DLT-19D. I would like to make on for my imperial army collection.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2019, 02:38:09 AM »
Your battle tested Stormtrooper Sharpshooter looks amazing.
I like the weathering and the pieces of fabric.

I also like your DLT-19D heavy blaster rifle.
It would be great if you could give us a short tutorial on how to make an accurate DLT-19D. I would like to make on for my imperial army collection.

Quite simple, really! Take a standard DLT rifle, clip off the scope looking things (2 of them) on the bottom of a clone trooper rifle (DC-15). Affix them with super glue to the correct position on the rifle. Then build a scope from whatever parts you can from cut up blasters. Melt plastic sprue from a model kit and stretch it to get "wires." Affix to the appropriate locations on the gun with super glue. Allow all to dry. Dry brush with silver acrylic paint. Viola!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2019, 03:38:30 AM »
Thanks! I was watching Fury at the time...so the German sniper may have played a small role in the design concept.

[/quote]

Ah, that explains it! I just saw the translation for it is just "sniper", but the German army has  different classes of long distance/hidden privates. 
The more I look at it the more I celebrate it! I'm extremely happy you joined our little forum here! Your customs are first class!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2019, 09:24:03 AM »
I agree with what I have read from other Yarders, this is one phenomenal figure. Just all around great work with paint and soft goods. Thanks for sharing your recipe and description for that rifle too.

Of course I am going to go share this on the pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2019, 04:35:51 PM »
I concur. The weathering and soft goods are a most excellent touch on this figure. He turned out extremely well. Kudos!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2019, 01:03:41 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words, folks!

I greatly appreciate the kind feedback.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2019, 09:33:19 AM »
Rebel Partisan Saboteur

Captain B'arin Apma

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 02:21:53 PM by Clanleaderyautja »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2019, 11:21:59 PM »
The saboteur is an excellent combination of parts and turned out really well - would totally fit the partisans. Apma as a rebel captain? I like it!

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2019, 06:36:17 AM »
I like all three of this last few figures.  The sharpshooter in brilliant, such a good use of soft goods.  He's like a combo of Star Wars and Mad Max, has that desert survivor vibe.  The saboteur has a lot of personality, I'd love to see an animated version of him.  Crazy good work all around.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2019, 06:48:26 AM »
The saboteur is an excellent combination of parts and turned out really well - would totally fit the partisans. Apma as a rebel captain? I like it!

We have examples of Mandalorians joining the Empire and Rebels and Apma just has such a good facial sculpt, I couldn't pass on it. I added some battle scars and did a better repaint of the sculpt to bring out detail.

My story for him is after training the clones during the Clone Wars, his family was wiped out by the Empire during the events on Mandalore (during Rebels) as such,  he employed his superior Mandalorian training in the Rebel Alliance. He recruits skilled soldiers and special forces operators in his unit.
I like all three of this last few figures.  The sharpshooter in brilliant, such a good use of soft goods.  He's like a combo of Star Wars and Mad Max, has that desert survivor vibe.  The saboteur has a lot of personality, I'd love to see an animated version of him.  Crazy good work all around.

Thanks! I've been trying to up my custom figure work and improve different techniques and use different parts.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 06:49:58 AM by Clanleaderyautja »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2019, 08:47:19 AM »
Very nice. Off to add this to the update on the front pages this morning.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2019, 07:08:43 AM »
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 04:06:45 PM by Clanleaderyautja »