Author Topic: Custom Painted AT-ST!  (Read 3206 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Custom Painted AT-ST!
« on: June 22, 2019, 01:11:44 PM »
Hand painted/weathered by me. I also applied some decals! I eventually plan to get some kill marker decals. I have a WIP stormtrooper squad that I plan to go with it. They will all be from the same squad/detachment. Questions, comments, and feedback appreciated!

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 01:57:11 PM by Clanleaderyautja »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Custom Painted AT-ST!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 02:14:49 PM »
Boom, what a surprise! Welcome to the Yards! I’m glad you joined us here Clanleader!
I‘m a big fan of the TLC AT-ST as much as I’m a fan of vehicles of Star Wars in general. Vehicles are such a big part of the Star Wars universe and have inspired people ever since. It requires quite some work and time to make a Scout Walker look like that and I really appreciate your project. It looks amazing! I really like the weathering and decals you added to your Scout Walker! The overall paintjob looks phenomenal!
My favorite part is the work done in the cockpit: All the details you added to its ceiling are incredible. I really like how you worked out the details and depth of the mold. Hasbro‘s effort on the mold and your work on this complete repaint paid off. I’m very impressed by this one.
I saw some of the Walmart Exclusive TBS AT-STs on clearance for as low as $10. If I had the  chance to get one of those that cheap I might dare to repaint one myself - a used one at that price would be even better. But they go for quite some money here in Germany. I have a repaint of the Scout Walker in mind, too. I would make it look mat grey with some weathering - like a WWII German tank grey and maybe add some details.
But I collected quite a few vehicles of the GAR - so that’s what I focus on.
It’s great to see such talent. Thank you for joining & sharing this masterpiece with us here! I’m looking forward to seeing your Stormtrooper Squad added to this setup!

Much respect from Germany!

- Philipp 

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 02:23:31 PM »
Boom, what a surprise! Welcome to the Yards! I’m glad you joined us here Clanleader!
I‘m a big fan of the TLC AT-ST as much as I’m a fan of vehicles of Star Wars in general. Vehicles are such a big part of the Star Wars universe and have inspired people ever since. It requires quite some work and time to make a Scout Walker look like that and I really appreciate your project. It looks amazing! I really like the weathering and decals you added to your Scout Walker! The overall paintjob looks phenomenal!
My favorite part is the work done in the cockpit: All the details you added to its ceiling are incredible. I really like how you worked out the details and depth of the mold. Hasbro‘s effort on the mold and your work on this complete repaint paid off. I’m very impressed by this one.
I saw some of the Walmart Exclusive TBS AT-STs on clearance for as low as $10. If I had the  chance to get one of those that cheap I might dare to repaint one myself - a used one at that price would be even better. But they go for quite some money here in Germany. I have a repaint of the Scout Walker in mind, too. I would make it look mat grey with some weathering - like a WWII German tank grey and maybe add some details.
But I collected quite a few vehicles of the GAR - so that’s what I focus on.
It’s great to see such talent. Thank you for joining & sharing this masterpiece with us here! I’m looking forward to seeing your Stormtrooper Squad added to this setup!

Much respect from Germany!

- Philipp

Thank you for the wonderful comment, Phillip! I know getting star wars stuff in Germany (and Europe) is quite a challenge. This is an excellent mold but the paint jobs are never what they should be unfortunately. I have been custom painting that squad using a mix of Joker Squad Troopers and legacy Stormtroopers. I also use a single as mimban style trooper as a scout/sniper in the squad. I'm in the process of collecting rebels to oppose them.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 02:58:39 PM »
That sounds excellent! That sounds like a good choice for your Stormtroopers. I see significantly more people using their TAC/TLC Stormtropers for customs or sell them now that the VC140 Stromtrooper is released.
I agree on the paint jobs by Hasbro. The paint apps on the Imperial Combat Assault Tank are some of the best Hasbro have made so far. The MRSP for it is the direct consequence for that bonus though. In fact the Hovertank would look great next to your AT-ST!

I started working on my second version of the NR-N99 Tank Droid months ago. And I actually had an AT-RT in hands today, which I’m going to modify and repaint, too! I decided to start with a BARC Speeder and the AT-RT before I dare to repaint an IFT-X, a Swamp Speeder or even an AT-TE. Still much work ahead. Have you checked out my custom vehicles thread on here as well, yet?

- Philipp

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 04:55:59 PM »
That sounds excellent! That sounds like a good choice for your Stormtroopers. I see significantly more people using their TAC/TLC Stormtropers for customs or sell them now that the VC140 Stromtrooper is released.
I agree on the paint jobs by Hasbro. The paint apps on the Imperial Combat Assault Tank are some of the best Hasbro have made so far. The MRSP for it is the direct consequence for that bonus though. In fact the Hovertank would look great next to your AT-ST!

I started working on my second version of the NR-N99 Tank Droid months ago. And I actually had an AT-RT in hands today, which I’m going to modify and repaint, too! I decided to start with a BARC Speeder and the AT-RT before I dare to repaint an IFT-X, a Swamp Speeder or even an AT-TE. Still much work ahead. Have you checked out my custom vehicles thread on here as well, yet?

- Philipp

The Imperial Assault Tank is on my want list. I'd like to retrofit it to be more of a trooper transport than a cargo carrier. Kind of like a WW2 Sd.Kfz...but star wars.

Unfortunately they are expensive...and so are the pilots for them.

I haven't seen your thread. Can you link me?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 05:45:34 AM »
First off, welcome to ISY.

I like your Scout Walker. It is now on our front pages.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 07:51:19 AM »
First off, welcome to ISY.

I like your Scout Walker. It is now on our front pages.

Thanks for the welcome! I also have a ton of Neca custom Predators/Marines/Aliens... If people would be interested, I could share those too?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 07:54:20 AM »
Of course we would be interested.

I look forward to seeing them.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 02:31:10 PM »
WOW! I love these Original Saga customs. Great job!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 09:50:43 AM »
WOW! I love these Original Saga customs. Great job!

Thanks for the high praise! I really give love to all my customs and want to bring them to life rather than keeping them as a cheap looking toy.  0/

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 12:55:05 AM »
Looks like your AT-ST saw a lot of action.
The weathering is phenomenal.
Welcome on board.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 10:35:38 AM »
Looks like your AT-ST saw a lot of action.
The weathering is phenomenal.
Welcome on board.

I like to think of this AT-ST as the Fury tank of the Star Wars universe. 😎

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2019, 01:26:12 AM »
Very cool AT-ST, love the heavy weathering!
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2019, 02:22:10 AM »
Very cool AT-ST, love the heavy weathering!

Thank you for the kind words. :)

Offline DS-61-22

• Ensign
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2019, 08:05:09 PM »
That is beauty personified mmm mmm lol, sweet for real