Author Topic: Jazwares "Fortnite" Loot Chest Accessory Pack Review.  (Read 3353 times)

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
Jazwares "Fortnite" Loot Chest Accessory Pack Review.
« on: December 08, 2018, 07:09:26 PM »
While running errands today after work, I stopped into GameStop and they had the Jazwares "Fortnite" Loot Chest accessory packs. I wanted a chest anyway for my fantasy figures and saw that one of the Loot Chests had a minigun listed as one of the contents, and I am a big fan of gatling guns so I grabbed it.

The minigun is nicely scaled but has some disappointing drawbacks: the ends of the rotary barrels are left blank and undetailed and the stabilizer handle on the top is a solid hunk of plastic with nowhere for the figure to grab it. These are both easy fixes for an experienced customizer, but I really should not have to "fix" a "collector" item right out of the box, that is just Jazwares being lazy :(

The backpack is a bit plain but still serviceable.

The shotgun and assault rifle are both goofy and cartoony looking and will be going in my Swap Shop in the next update.

The 2 "wood" building materials are nicely sculpted and lock together in several different configurations. Sadly, only having 2 makes them rather useless as is. Many more would be needed to build anything of any size.

The chest itself is larger than I expected. The detailing, while slightly chunky and cartoony, is still decent. The hinges are well designed and the lid snaps shut very firmly. A repaint will make the chest even better for my needs.

For the $9.99 MSRP, these Loot Chests are a mixed bag. The chests themselves are quite nice, but the accessories held within are hit or miss depending on your tastes. I think I am good with the one I bought, but I will probably get a few more just for the chests when they inevitably hit clearance in the future.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 07:39:25 PM by The Spectre »
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Jazwares "Fortnite" Loot Chest Accessory Pack Review.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 04:10:00 AM »
Thanks for the review, I was curious to see what was in them.