Author Topic: Mattel "Jurassic World" Walmart Exclusive "Quest For The Indominus Rex" Review.  (Read 2372 times)

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
Mattel "Jurassic World" Walmart Exclusive "Quest For The Indominus Rex" Review

Walmart has released a massive "Jurassic World" boxed set at an incredible price for Black Friday!

The pack, titled "Quest For The Indominus Rex Pack", recreates the opening scene from "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" in which mercenaries use a spherical submarine to dive into the Mosasaur tank at the abandoned theme park in search of the skeletal remains of the genetic monster from the previous film. The pack contains a reissue of the previously released Mosasaurus with some very slight deco differences from the first release in the form of some missing dark paint speckles that ran along the flanks of the original release, a rerelease of the yellow Matchbox branded submarine (no differences that I am aware of as I did not buy the original), a reissue of the first Mercenary action figure from Wave 1 minus his electrostaff and mini-Dimorphodon and a brand new, fully articulated Indominus Rex skeleton.

The Indominus Rex skeleton is quite large compared to a 3.75" figure and has 12 ball hinge joints (head, neck, pelvis, hips, knees, ankles and tail) and a hinged jaw. The multitude of joints allow for the skeleton to be posed in just about any pose you could want it in. Be warned though, the shoulder joints are extremely tight so be careful not to snap the pegs.

This set is a Black Friday special that retails for $40, which is a steal for all that you get in the box. The Mosasaur retails for $29.99, the sub retails for $28 (or thereabouts), the figure retails for $7.99 for a combined original price of $65 so the Indominus Rex skeleton is essentially free!

If you can fight the Black Friday crowds, pick up this great set before the limited stock runs out!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 02:06:27 PM by The Spectre »
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Nice, sounds like a steal to me.