Kenner / Hasbro Collecting > Vintage

What's a good price range for Vintage POTF coins?

(1/2) > >>

McMetal:
I am starting to focus on some of the last 15 vintage figs I still need which originally came packaged with that cheesy commemorative coin. It's important to me to have both the figure and the coin, since this is the precedent I already have started from back in the day. (Arbitrary I know)

However, I notice you almost never see the loose figs up for auction on eBay with the original coins included. In fact, I don't even see the coins at all that often. I bought a couple tonight in advance of getting the actual figs since I know I will need both eventually anyway and they pretty much have to be procured separately.

But I don't really have any solid point of reference for what these things are actually worth generally speaking. Can anyone help me out with that? What's a decent price range for individual coins? Does it vary much based on the character?

I paid a little less than $25 for three, which I didn't think was great, but I am relieved to have them.

Darth Aussie:
Reconsgt is our resident vintage expert. Maybe he can help you.......Sarge?

Reconsgt:
The coins can greatly vary in price,  If you are after only the last 17 carded coins, These are mostly reasonable with a few running higher, Yak face will be higher than a Paploo, The best guide for the current conditions is to do a completed Ebay search and check what the Earth Toy Mall has is stock, they are one of the best and reasonable shops for vintage items, I can't throw out prices as I don't get into this subset of vintage collecting ( coins).  Once you get into the various catagories of coins, that were the mail-a-ways you are talking about some serious money to complete the full set of 63,  also there has been large debate on restruck coins popping up so always be sure you do the reaserch before you shell out big money on the rare items.

Here is a great article by Gus Lopez at TheSWCA.com  he is one of the preimer experts in the vintage field
http://theswca.com/images-coins/coin-article.html

McMetal:
Thanks a lot, I am familiar with Gus and he really does his homework. It sounds about like what I expected, not worth more than $10 a coin for the ones I am looking for.

Also, wasn't it technically only the final 15 that originally came carded with POTF coins? I don't think they were originally issued with Lumat or Paploo, circa 1984.

(The carded images in the Sticky thread seem to bear this out)

Darth Aussie:
Ta Sarge... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version