Author Topic: Jabba's Sail Barge  (Read 23382 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Jabba's Sail Barge
« on: February 22, 2018, 08:30:37 AM »
https://www.hasbrolab.com/

https://www.facebook.com/imperialshipyards.net/posts/1621396567897236

"Measuring approximately 4ft long, this vast vehicle is a dream item for any Star Wars collection. Designed to captivate and inspire, The Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna) features exquisitely detailed, fan accessible decks that complement 3.75-inch figures (not included) allowing fans and collectors to recreate intense battles in the Star Wars saga. Its removable side panels also offer a unique opportunity to pose and set up incredible dioramas. Complete with premium deco, vintage packaging, and soft cloth sails, this dream product offers Star Wars devotees the quality and realism they know and love. Included with the vehicle is Jabba the Hutt (3.75-inch scale figure).

Approximate Product Specifications:

Total length: 49.35"
Total width: 14.64" Total height (to top of sails): 17.01"
Total weight: 13.89 lbs

Includes Jabba the Hutt 3.75-inch scale figure.

Estimated Ship Dates (shipping included):

Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna): Behind the Workbench booklet: 4/4/2018

The Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna): 2/28/2019

*This campaign will move into production when it reaches its minimum backing goal of 5,000.

We will stop taking backers at 11:59 EST on April 3, 2018 at which time your payment method will be charged, if that backing goal has been reached.

What's Included?

The Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna), complete with exquisitely-detailed and fan accessible interior/exterior decks, two soft-cloth fabric sails, and other realistic features that mimic one of the most notorious vehicles in the Star Wars universe

Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna): Behind the Workbench, a premium, 64-page booklet, that goes behind the scenes of the design and development of the actual Sail Barge film set piece and Hasbro toy. Complete with set photos, product blueprints, interviews, and more

Jabba the Hutt 3.75-inch scale figureClassic Vintage Collection packaging with special limited edition HASLAB seal of authenticity

A dedicated, ongoing stream of behind-the-scenes development updates, keeping you informed as The Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna) makes its way from a dream at Hasbro to a reality in your hands (subject to reaching the minimum backing goal)"

First off, thanks to Tony the Mad Jawa Deida for getting us some awesome coverage and to me what seemed to be the best pictures of it from the Fair. It was cool seeing him in some other YouTube Videos all up inside this thing getting us the skippy.

I guess the biggest issue, that I am sure you are already aware, is that to make this happen it has to get 5,000 backers by April 3rd to ensure it happens. I will be updating this (or if you get to it before I do feel free) fairly regularly so we can see where it is.

I am fearful that by leaving our Foreign Friends out of being able to order this directly (lets face it the size would make shipping prohibitive from the US) we could face an uphill battle as Hasbro has finally given us a chance to own one. To say we as fans and collectors need to put our money where our mouth is always in the back of my mind when I go to see the new total each day. I know it is a lot of deniro and for me it is kind of out of my genre (Battle of Hoth), but if this succeeds I can't even imagine the future possibilities for future vehicles that could finally get to the correct scale.

I have always been awed by seeing the Flag in folks' JOE Collections and we will finally get our chance to own something like this, the biggest thing Hasbro has ever produced in the Star Wars Line. I also thought why not launch the new forums section (why we never started this earlier is beyond me, but remember I have duh moments all the time) with this great vehicle.

I am anxious to hear your thoughts on this vehicle and how Hasbro launched it. Did you order yours? Are you gonna? What are your questions, feelings, thoughts, etc.?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 05:52:03 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Jabba's Sail Barge
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 09:04:32 AM »

as of 2-22

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 09:05:13 AM »
I also have a question. Does anyone know if it comes with that Ithorian Prisoner we saw at the debut of this thing after the Hasbro Presentation on Saturday?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 10:13:38 AM »
I also have a question. Does anyone know if it comes with that Ithorian Prisoner we saw at the debut of this thing after the Hasbro Presentation on Saturday?
It does. In fact I am under the impression that it is an Ithorian skeleton. But don't quote me on it.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 05:15:43 PM »
I want this but the MSRP and size are too much. Which makes me sad.

I also hope this isn't the new direction Hasbro goes trying to bait collectors for anything at any price... Because they can.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 05:21:05 AM »
I wonder why it doesn't say the "prisoner" comes with?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 05:26:41 AM »

39 days to go!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 07:00:43 AM »

As of this morning.

We also added some great new images hasbro sent us of the Barge to FB yesterday:

https://www.facebook.com/imperialshipyards.net/posts/1627343750635851

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 06:03:16 AM »

Over 1,900 now after roughly one week.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 09:37:20 AM »

As of today. Man I am hoping this is not loosing steam. Still a lot of backers needed to make this happen.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 09:41:48 AM »
I am also curios. Has anyone besides me here reserved theirs yet?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 07:58:09 AM »

As of 2-27-18 around 10 AM

Think this is gonna go? Anyone get their order in?

It is amazing to see how much reaction (both good and bad) I have seen with this on the internet. Folks are arguing, celebrating, berating, hopeful, etc. It is such a range of things and garnering energy wherever it goes. I am not waxing political on it all and I know trolls are gonna be trolls anywhere and with everything, but wow. This is being made to be so much more than just a huge cool toy. Sometimes, and not just with this, I wonder if we could just look at this through the eyes of an 11 year old. Thats how old I was when I first saw the Barge for the first time.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 08:08:05 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 09:12:58 AM »

As of the last day of February!

Hoping we can hit the halfway mark by the time the weekend is over.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 09:16:36 AM »
Another thing I hope to happen with this line is if it goes will Hasbro give us a few new waves of super arty characters to man up this barge?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 09:36:13 AM »
We would roughly need around 85 to 86 new backers a day to get this done by the end of the time frame. The average per day lately has been around 50 per day.

Feeling a bit pessimistic today daggone it, I want this Barge! :-X