Author Topic: Jabba's Sail Barge  (Read 23897 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Jabba's Sail Barge
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2019, 02:08:57 AM »
One thing I have also read is that Hasbro has extra vintage boxes ready to go in case the vintage deco box gets damaged. That is nice. I plan on trying to really make sure my box is good this weekend in case I need to contact Hasbro's customer service to get one.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2019, 04:19:34 PM »
Yes, that was the official statement, but after some weeks of holding people on the line, they stated that they were not responsible for damages caused by the carrier...

Well, fortunately I don't need a box replaced - after some delivery delay & worries, the Khetanna landed at my place, today!

Luckily the scratches and dents on the shipping box didn't go through! Except for a bumper on oone side and two dented edges, the box is okay...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2019, 02:22:55 AM »
It came through pretty good considering all the travel. Off to share.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2019, 01:17:59 AM »
Great to see your Khetanna arrived in good condition Philipp.
What a great addation to your Star Wars collection.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2019, 04:51:02 AM »
Yes, indeed! I’ll share pictures once I get to open and display this monster!

Meanwhile, I spotted the first Yak Face VC000 here on ebay in Germany.
It sold for 399€ or a little less.
A Sale Barge is also on sale for 2,300€ - one sold for 1,500€.

I got no words for that.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2019, 03:12:13 AM »
When I was taking pics for the Desert Skiff Review I made a setup with the Khetanna, too. I finally got her to her final destination. Had to move her accross the country for that, again.
Here she is:

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2019, 03:57:36 AM »
Nice, one thing I want to do is make a nice wooden shelf to display my barge. It is still in the box.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2019, 04:35:17 AM »
That sounds excellent! I thought of setting up a display on my 150x110 cm plate for modular dioramas. I'm only in need of a Sarlacc Pit. Hopefully Hasbro will give us one next year. I can't throw out $200 for the TLC version...

Talking about burning treasures: Disney had nothing better to do with the Khetanna, but burning it down:

Make sure to double-click for full screen view. This might be painful to watch...

I mean who in the entire universe would be as stupid, ignorant and wasteful if not Disney? When money and esteem for work and values don't matter anymore...
It's still nice to see the original crew of ILM gather for this occasion, again!

Go ahead and burn it down! Burn it all down what's left of our beloved franchise, Disney. I heard there's a choking hazard with so much greed.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 05:54:58 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2019, 03:52:52 AM »
Wow, guess when you own it all it can burn. Still, what a waste.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2020, 04:53:28 AM »
I made up my mind overnight. Here are some more thoughts of mine about Hasbro's tease of a new HasLab project:

It'd make sense if they made a starship now. Honestly, my personal favorite would be a Republic Gunship that's in actual 1/18 scale. But since an LAAT/i already exists in TVC, it's extremely unlikely - even though it's just another repaint since 2002.

A Razor Crest might be the current fan favorite. But since it is, it would sell right through even though a regular release would probably scaled down by quite some inches.
Let's not forget that many long-time fans have been asking for a new Imperial Shuttle Tydirium long before The Mandalorian aired!

A Sandcrawler on the other hand would be great either, but a real surprise to me since it's another ground vehicle and Disney released one just recently for their park exclusive Droid Factory.
So I log the Imperial Shuttle as my top choice for the next HasLab if it's going to be a starship. If it is a playset, I'd still go with a fully equipped Cantina.

The LAAT and the Imperial Shuttle have more play value to me as far as troop transport goes. The Razor Crest on the other hand is probably the newest object of imagination and adventures. Either way, I hope it'll be good!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2020, 07:14:52 AM »
Let the conjecture begin!

I am definitely down for the Razor Crest. Fingers crossed if they do it they do it in the right scale.

I would sure love a Star Destroyer too. Or a new Republic Transport ship. Or an Ion Cannon. That would be cool. Or and AT-OT.

With the love the Mandalorian is getting now I would say the Razor Crest is probably the favorite. They figure they get some deniro before all the 3D Printers out there starting making them and selling them.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2020, 07:24:12 AM »
Well said, that’s a good point about the popularity of the Mandaorian against rising possibilities of 3D printing! If they do make the Razor Crest, backing it won’t be an issue at all. It is by far the favorite choice on Facebook as far as I’ve read through comments.

As I just learned, the Crest is a Military Transport, too! And I’d be happy with a big model of this beauty as well. I’d definitely love to see an AT-OT! I just don’t see Hasbro do it if they don’t even re-issue the AT-TE. So that’s probably safed for a 3D printing project.

Let’s see what it’s gonna be.

I’m on the train right now on my way to SmythsToys and to pick up some LEGO. I’ll post my next store report in a couple hours, then.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2020, 11:05:29 PM »
If I had to place a 100 bet on what the next HasLab project will be it would be as follows. $50 on Death star playset. $30 on Razorcrest, $20 other. I'm thinking it will be OT again. Death star playset is one of the most popular playsets ever. You have to imagine this has been in the planning stages for at the very least a year, so Mandolorian hadn't been released yet. It's still possible. A fan made the Barge before Hasbro did, then they just took the idea, after seeing it's popularity. Fan's are making the Razorcrest, and they're popular. So I'm putting $30 on that. Then $20 on a wildcard. I've heard Tantive IV being thrown around. Since we're still in the TESB 40th, could be a cloud City playset, to go with the carbon freezing chamber. It could almost literally be anything.
Wishful thinking tells me Death Star playset. I got a bunch of homeless Imps.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2020, 05:49:19 AM »
I like your idea about Cloud City, maybe they already have the grapple and other things ready to roll out and that playset would fit into it. I could so see Hasbro doing that.

I would be ok with a Death Star Playset too. I think the nice thing is you know it is gonna be done up right as with the HasLab Projects they don't limit themselves like do with regular releases.