Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Star Wars Movies

Solo: a Star Wars Story

(1/7) > >>

Mr. Black:
With The Last Jedi currently still in theaters (just got back from my seventh viewing), already the next Star Wars movie is upon us! Solo: a Star Wars Story!

Maybe it’d have been better for me to wait with this topic till after the trailer has been released, but after the teaser I saw some really interesting comments from our divided community of Star Wars enthusiasts. Already a lot of people are completely downplaying this movie, saying the same old things: “Disney’s destroying Star Wars”, “Bring back George!”, “Gonna be the worst SW movie evah”…. I find that somewhat amusing, but also worrying.

A few people mentioned this movie would be too dark. Looking at the lighting and the locations in this teaser, I think it will be a movie with a dark tone. But that’s logical to me. Han Solo is a hotshot flyboy, eagerly to make a difference by joining the glorious Empire. But then he discovers the true nature of the Empire and chooses (or is pushed onto) the path of crime. Smuggler, scoundrel, cynical, on the run, outcast… That’s not exactly Care Bear material.

I, once again, am eagerly anticipating this new Star Wars movie. And I’ll judge it after I’ve seen the full feature, not after script rumours, change of director, teaser or trailer.  I hope it will be a more cynical, darker movie, simi-lar to Rogue One. It’s great we get to the character of Lando Calrissian back on the big screen and hopefully we get to see how his relationship with Solo and Chewie really is.

Expectations? Although I’m always pretty excited for a new SW movie, I don’t conjur up all kinds of scnearios and plot twists based on what I’ve known so far. This goes especially for what’s been told in what used to be the Expanded Universe.

But what are your thoughts so far?

Tamer:

JDeck:
I have decided that I will like it :D
  The trailer looks really cool. I can never get enough Empire and civil war era. I'm more interested in the backstory of the Falcon TBH. the falcon has become a character itself. Lando, Han and Chewie have always been my favorite characters. Even if the new guy isn't exactly like Han it doesn't matter to me because it's a movie, a Star Wars movie at that. I'll take it all day, with mustard.

(SID):
So far so "good" looks like the level of craftsmanship I expect in seeing a Ron Howard feature. Crazy stuff and casting choices aside... it still feels SW

I just hope its not ruined with more preachy Propaganda.

Mr. Black:
Ok, so from the short bits of Ehrenreich as Han Solo, I can see Solo's cockiness. Ehrenreich is not Harrison Ford of course, so I hope he brings his own take on the character and I think he'll make a great young Han Solo.

Chewbacca looks bulkier compared to his appearance in the OT and I love the double bandoliers. But.... In RotS he wore the trademark single bandolier, right? Hmm....

Anyway Glover looks awesome as Lando and his clothing is exactly what I'd expect.

Clarke.... I don't know. She's best known from GoT, but other than that? I think her character is a one off and won't make it out alive....

The Falcon, now she's looking mighty fine. And if the pristine white and shiny interior is hers, man, what a bunch of sleasy nerfherders Solo and Chewie must be right?

Definitely looking forward to this one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version