Author Topic: Vallejo Premium/Surface Primer Acrylic-Poly Paint?  (Read 1168 times)

Offline bubbavader

• Ensign
  • All Hail the Empire!
Vallejo Premium/Surface Primer Acrylic-Poly Paint?
« on: January 10, 2018, 01:04:45 AM »
While learning about paints (currently on Tamiya, which is ok but fumey) I have found info about Vallejo's Premium and Surface Primer lines. Apparently the binder for these paints is a Acrylic-Polyurethane binder that they claim is extra tough. Their FAQ also states that they are suitable for brush application (although generally used in an airbrush). Has anyone used these lines with Joes/SW?

I am interested in the strongest, most durable paints that are nontoxic (which are also available to me) and these might be it. The painted figures will be playtoys, so the paint needs to be tough!

(X-Post to Hisstank).

Cheers

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Vallejo Premium/Surface Primer Acrylic-Poly Paint?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 02:56:23 AM »
Wow, you are really going into detail of paints! As you probably know I use Citadel's acrylic paints. I also got some Vallejo paints and they're quite similar. I don't know much about air-brush, but I' going to get into that, too, in some years...In any case I can recommend to you to spray-paint all your painted projects with a clear varnish.

Best regards from Germany!

- Philipp