Author Topic: How would Hasbro create a 33/4" Death Star  (Read 1939 times)

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
How would Hasbro create a 33/4" Death Star
« on: January 09, 2018, 05:08:07 AM »
I was looking at may Death star in my sons room and wonder how can Hasbro produce a Death Star product that is afford able and big. I say do it in parts. I built one along time ago a Hangar, Red room, Meeting areas and command center. Your could see some of this in Jtrooper dioramas. and you can built in in pieces. Just like this look at some pics below this is what my kids wanted a place they can play out the Star Wars saga.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
Re: How would Hasbro create a 33/4" Death Star
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 06:13:49 PM »
I personally don't think should even bother asking Hasbro anyone to make anything. I don't think it matters or they care (I don't believe them. They only want praise).

They keep making more an more questionable products. Let some other companies make playsets, vehicles  and anything they want.

Isn't the new SW slogan "let the past die... Kill it"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 03:32:25 AM »
I would like to see them do something like this in place of a large vehicle offering and get it to the same price point as say one of their large six inch vehicle offerings. I think folks would pay up to two hundred dollars for a good one.

Offline bubbavader

• Ensign
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 06:37:20 AM »
Do something like Palitoys Death Star, but make it out of corrugated plastic (double crisscross ply for extra strength!).  That way it can be 1) Large 2) Affordable 3) Storable 4) Cool. Lots of win!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 08:05:55 AM »
To start right off: This is a great Death Star already!

And here's my idea:

What about a Death Star Starter-Set for about $99.99 or more. It should contain some diorama parts (like the legendary Space walls), 5 figures (one of them maybe one Astromech) and should be a true play set! And whatever fits for Hasbro at this retail price. Some light and sound should also be included because children usually like it.

AND: What about a playset which you can actually add to? Hasbro could release the first set to start with and then release add-on sets with addiotional sections for various retail prices?! You could build your own Death Star as large as you want (and your bank account lets you)!
What about the Emperor's throne room, a hangar bay, gunner stations, shield generator (where Ben turns off the tractor beam), Imperial briefing room, control panels, trash compactor etc. - each add-on set includes another section, accessories and at least one action figure.

Ideas for action figures:
- Darth Vader - Imperial briefing room - $59.99
- Luke (Stormtrooper Disguise) - Hallway - $29.99
- Han (Stormtrooper Disguise) - communication panel - $39.99
- Ben Kenobi (with that tractor beam panel)
- Princess Leia (in her prison cell) - $29.99
- Imperial Officer (Command bridge) - $39.99
- Emperor & 2 Royal Guards and/or his Imperial counselors (on his throne in his throne room - $79.99

This Death Star could as be as large as you want!!

Hasbro could make a "buildable-system" like that similar to LEGO! There's big potential and BIG money to make for Hasbro! I mean LEGO, Mattel and Playmobil do a great job on large, but still inexpensive playsets (well LEGO is expensive though). Why can't Hasbro do that, too?!

What do you think about that?

- Phlipp
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:30:52 AM by legion078 »

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 05:00:22 AM »
That would be awesome. I like the idea of some lights and sounds. maybe add some hallways with storm troopers as the figure so you can army build and add halls ways for each room.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 10:32:53 AM »
Yes, I didn't think about that at the time of my post! What a great idea for army-building! A hallway-section with let's say 2 SA Stormtroopers and some accessories for $29.99 or so would be excellent!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

- Philipp

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 06:04:53 AM »
I feel that Hasbro, Lucus, Disney and whoever else is involved in toy making don't even care. I just saw that the Sail barge is under faltering and backers that funny backer they want us to back them that is so funny they have so much money to burn from all off  the movie and figure and marketing please don't make me sick. My kids loved playing with the Death Star I created for them. Even I a 53 yr old plays with it still it is awesome. Star Wars creators are just not responding. Just make it and they will come. Field of Dreams