Author Topic: Yakface and Skiff Guard confirmed for 2019  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Yakface and Skiff Guard confirmed for 2019
« on: February 22, 2018, 08:47:14 AM »
I got this from Dan from our Facebook Page today:

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Yakface and Skiff Guard confirmed for 2019
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 03:42:53 AM »
This is just so awesome!!! It had to happen - all the prayers were heard!  :D Can't wait to see the final versions of those two and many more to come!

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 05:32:37 AM »
It is gonna be a great year thats for sure.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 08:40:02 AM »
@Tamer: Yes, indeed! And I'm actually fine with the fact that less figures will be released (They're aiming at 30-40 figures per year as they said during the interview with JTA on New York ToyFair):

Here's the link if you haven't listened to it, yet guys:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2018-02-17-toy-fair-2018-hasbro-qa-colleagues-recording/

If you don't have enough time to listen to it, Rebelfangirl was kind enough to summarize this interview in the comments on JTA.

And I think less product, but of higher quality is a solid way to go! I don't have to spend so much money at once and I get awesome stuff for it. And I really hope Hasbro will keep The Vintage Collection alive for AT LEAST 3 years! I'm very contended with this development. The final return to TVC and even RE-ISSUES of (highly sought after) figures down the road - that's something that had never happened before!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 03:51:09 AM by Darth More »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 01:44:18 PM »
I think that is fantastic. Yakface has been on a lot of people's wish list for a long time. That skiff guard looks amazing with all of the facial scale detail.
2019 is a long time to wait, with a lot of promise. 2018 looks to be descent. Wave one mostly repacks with exception of Snoke. Wv.2 young Solo, deathtrooper,  "Namath" trooper ;) imperial assault tanker. Wv.3  cassian, Aphra, ep.7 Luke. 
    I hope they do make a Tessek "Squidhead" if they do that I will be more than happy.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 04:08:53 AM »
@JDeck: Definitely agree with you! The detail of this new TVC Skiff Guard reminds me of the excellent face sculpt of BD33 Giran of The Legacy Collection 2009!

I'm actually fine with the first waves of (mostly) repacks because I haven't had the chance to get my hands on most of them (thanks Walmart!). So I'm very looking forward to getting them! I'm also curious for the new retail price here in Germany...Volker already said it'll be 20,99€ which is $25 for a single 3.75" action figure...

And yes, a new Tessek would be wonderful!

- Philipp