Author Topic: Bandai 1/72 TIE Striker review  (Read 3371 times)

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
Bandai 1/72 TIE Striker review
« on: October 07, 2017, 07:05:57 AM »
TIE Striker

The TIE/sk x1 experimental air superiority fighter, also known as the TIE/sk atmospheric fighter or simply the TIE striker, was a streamlined variant of the TIE line starfighters used by the Galactic Empire, most notably during the Battle of Scarif. Specialized for in-atmosphere missions, the atmospheric fighter was identifiable by its horizontal high-speed wings and large central pod. Largely because of its specialization for such missions, it is one of the few TIE lines to be used by the Imperial Army as well as the Imperial Navy.
[wookieepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/sk_x1_experimental_air_superiority_fighter]

manufacturer: Bandai
scale: 1/72
release date: 2017
length: 240mm (9,45")
wing span: 165mm (6,5")
retail price: 30€

The kit is not available in europe. I bought the kit on amazon from an US retailer (free shipping!).

The kit comes in a shiny black box with a very nice artwork on it. The quality of the parts is phenomenal.
A TIE pilot figure and standing silhouette figure (for size comparison) are included.
The kit includes also a nice display stand.
The wings are movable.

You have different options to build the kit:
-waterslide decals or stickers
-clear parts or frames for the cockpit windows

I glued most of the parts together even if the kit is a snap tite kit.
I used Tamiya and Revell spray and enamel colours to paint the kit.

box

construction manual

parts for the display stand

stickers or waterslide decals

the finished cockpit with a lot of smal decals

the rear cockpit is not detailed. The area should be painted black to get a depth effect.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 07:13:04 AM by FialaFernbrugg »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Bandai 1/72 TIE Striker review
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 07:12:47 AM »
Very nice. Great points about adding detail too. Off to share in all the right places. I need to find some time to make it an Imperial Review button for the front page too. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 01:44:08 AM »
I somehow missed this post...I’m very happy for you that you got this kit at all and even for a reasonable price. I’ve never seen Bandai kits here in Germany, either. Well, Amazon makes it all possible.
Thanks for the nice review and the interesting back story! I really like the design of this TIE version and Bandai have done another fantastic job on this one! I also like the fact that this is made in a common scale of 1/72 and not a random and odd scale like Disney often forces Revell to do. This one is definitely a precious add to your awesome collection!

- Philipp

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 07:05:41 AM »
I also missed this cool review. Got the TIE Striker about year ago and assembled and weathered it in April. A great kit, with very nice details. I like it most because it is close in appearance with the old Action Fleet line.
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback