Author Topic: FialaFernbrugg's vehicles (TIE crawler page 21 02/13/2022)  (Read 71763 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: FialaFernbrugg's vehicles (Millennium Falcon page 20 07/17/2021)
« Reply #300 on: July 17, 2021, 02:08:41 PM »
Don't know what I find more exciting: your latest project or you sharing it on here! So good to see you got back to customizing! The master is back at the desk. Considering the scale of this falcon (and also the reduced detail on Revell's EasyKit/low budget models) I think you made this look as good as i possibly can. Like Tamer said, the weathering makes the difference and the pigments really highlight the details that are there.
Those black dots remind me of the tar stains I constantly collect on the front of my car.

Man, I'm so glad to see you back around and hope you keep the momentum going  0/

Offline Mos-Eisley-Customz

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: FialaFernbrugg's vehicles (TIE brute page 20 01/26/2019)
« Reply #301 on: July 18, 2021, 02:05:12 PM »
Millennium Falcon

Not really a custom and nothing special. I added weathering to my Revell (1:241 scale) Millennium Falcon.
I used my hand drill and a hobby knife to add some battle damage. I painted the missing yellow markings with a Tamiya paint.
For the weathering I used Revell pigments (black and rust) and a black wash.

I hope you like it:

[original condition without weathering]

Awesome job, love how this came out  8) the detailing is really good and makes a big difference

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
Re: FialaFernbrugg's vehicles (Millennium Falcon page 20 07/17/2021)
« Reply #302 on: February 13, 2022, 08:53:03 AM »
TIE crawler

The TIE crawler, or century tank, was a model of tank that resembled a TIE starfighter cockpit suspended between two tank treads. It was used to climb tall hill of debris.
[wookieepedia: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/TIE_crawler]

Here is my first 3D printed Star Wars model kit. I used a Formlabs 3D sinter powder printer. The printed cockpit was not very detailed so I decided to use a Revell TIE Interceptor cockpit instead. The model was painted with Revell and Tamiya paints.
I hope you like it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: FialaFernbrugg's vehicles (TIE crawler page 21 02/13/2022)
« Reply #303 on: February 14, 2022, 03:41:02 AM »
Wow, I would definitely call that a success. I can see why you chose to go with the model cockpit too. Definitely more detail there.

I think it turned out great. Thanks for sharing it.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #304 on: February 14, 2022, 05:34:16 PM »
That's really cool! Did you design the file for printing yourself? If so...amazingly done. If not...still really cool! Nice job with the paint scheme. I agree with Tamer, the Revell T.I.E. cockpit was a great idea.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #305 on: February 14, 2022, 08:10:04 PM »
This is fantastic!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #306 on: February 15, 2022, 03:43:08 AM »
It would be cool to see this come out in one of the TV Series or see Hasbro make it in 3.75"

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2022, 12:43:10 PM »
I think your TIE Crawler is a milestone for the way you enjoy your hobby. I really like the fact that the treads look worn a bit. The weathering adds to the effect, but also the minor detail at that scale is actually a win in my book! 3D printing opens so many new possibilities and I'm looking forward to seeing what you else you do with it.
Endless power to you because your creativity is amazing! Your latest project crawls to new shores of countless possibilities! I always enjoyed playing Empire at War with TIE Maulers and wish TIE Crawlers were included as well. You captured its design really well. Much respect for creating this STL file from scratch!