Author Topic: Talonreap's Custom Clone Wars Figures  (Read 3641 times)

Offline talonreap

• Ensign
  • Clone Wars / Imperial Enthusiast
Talonreap's Custom Clone Wars Figures
« on: September 15, 2017, 06:19:40 PM »
Hey folks! It's been a little while since I last posted, I've had a busy few weeks getting back to school and such. Here are some of my customs, as promised! They're my first ever Star Wars customs, I've done models and Games Workshop stuff in the past but this is my first time with 3.75 figures, and I hope you enjoy them. I have yet to figure out Imgur, so please bear with me as I'll just attach the photos to my posts. I have a few I did at the end of the summer and I'll post them over the next few days.

First up is Corporal Comet of the 104th Battalion, aka the Wolfpack. I used a standard Phase II clone trooper from the CW that I picked up courtesy of our friend tunghori, and I painted him using Citadel Mechanicus Standard Gray. I sealed the paint-job with Testor's Dull Coat. I haven't yet painted the Wolfpack emblem on his shoulder, I wasn't feeling bold enough, haha. The last picture has him next to Sinker for comparison. I appreciate any tips and feedback you guys have for me! Thanks and enjoy.

Offline talonreap

• Ensign
Re: Talonreap's Custom Clone Wars Figures
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 06:29:16 PM »
As I said, more to come this week, but I'll finish up tonight with a simple custom I did.

This figure was actually the Clone Pilot packed in with the Republic Attack Shuttle before I repainted him as an AT TE Driver. I thought this particular pilot figure would be good to adapt because it's different from most other CW pilot figures in that the hoses from his helmet to his chest-box are much longer than usual. This driver is seen twice in the CW series, but I liked his paint-job and wanted to replicate them on a figure I appreciated. I am including a reference picture as he really is a blink-and-miss-him character.

Again I used Citadel paints; Mechanicus Standard Gray, Chaos Black, Skull White, and Mephiston Red. Some of my other upcoming customs are background clone troopers and pilots, too. Anyway, I hope you guys like it!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 07:50:28 PM »
Awesome. There's just so many clone troopers that need to be made it makes customizing absolutely necessary.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 04:29:07 AM »
Awesome. Off to share.

Offline talonreap

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 05:00:46 PM »
Thanks for the kind feedback! I totally agree that there are so many missed-opportunities for clones.

Here are two more:

Clone Pilot Rod, from the Zillo Beast arc, and Pilot Shadow 11 from the Malevolence arc.
Same process used on them as on the others. Hope you like!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 05:00:02 AM »
That pilot is great. Off to share this latest update.

Offline talonreap

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 05:14:50 PM »
For tonight's post I'll take a break from the CW customs. These are some ROTS clones, in particular the generic Clone Commander (red), 5th Fleet Security, and Shock Trooper.

The Clone Commander I repainted to be a Phase II version of Commander Gree without his camo, so I just copied his Phase I paint scheme onto this figure, by and large. I used Chaos White and Caliban Green.

The 5th Fleet trooper was easy, I just took the pauldron from a First Order Snowtrooper and painted it Chaos White. I hope to snag some blue paint one day and add some striping onto it to match his armor. I've renamed him Captain Sion for my collection.

As for the Shock Trooper, I took a head from a spare Utapau AT RT Driver and painted it with Chaos White, Blood Red, and Codex Gray. I was inspired by the Phase II ARF Troopers from CW, and intend to use him as Shock Trooper Driver somewhere in my collection.

Thanks again for taking a look at these guys!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 02:23:38 AM »
Looks good to me. Off to share the latest.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 06:39:57 AM »
Wow, very cool ideas on Clone Trooper Customs! I especially like the Shock AT-RT Driver! The fine stripes on his helmet are vwell done! A 5th Fleet Security Trooper looks also great with a pauldron! And turning a ROTS Clone Commander into a Phase II Commander Gree is also a nice idea!
It would look awesome to see him stand next to the TCW Clone Commander Gree, wouldn't it!
Nice work! Thanks for the update! I am also planning on repainting some Clones, soon...

- Philipp

Offline talonreap

• Ensign
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 12:07:15 PM »
Thanks Phillip! And thank you Tamer for showing my work on the front page! A true honor.

Today I have a CW trooper again. He's an AT TE Gunner from the Season 3 arc 'Padawan Lost', and he's a gunner with the 104th at the Battle of Felucia. The base figure is an AT TE Gunner I got loose of Ebay a few years ago, the one without the green triangle variant on the helmet. I used Mechanicus Standard Grey, Mephiston Red, and Chaos White. I included a reference picture for him as well due to the character's obscurity. The eyes on the helmet were tough, but I'm satisfied enough for the moment.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 12:16:13 PM »
I love me some clones. Great work!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 01:58:24 AM »
Kinda miss seeing Clones in action too. Off to share.

Offline talonreap

• Ensign
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 09:20:02 AM »
Hey again, here's the last of my clone customs. I tried to save the best for last! This is Clone Captain Gregor, a Commando who fought at the Battle of Sarrish and was featured in Season 5 of the Clone Wars show.

The figure is Boss, and I gave him a base coat of Skull White, then dry brushed layers of Codex Gray and Mechanicus Standard Gray to give him the weathered look. The yellow markings are Yriel Yellow, and the black is Chaos Black. I hope to one day get a Clone Wars-style backpack for him, as I don't prefer the utility pack the Boss figure came with.

Thanks again for all the feedback on my customs, and I hope you enjoyed some of the Clone Wars content!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 02:21:41 AM »
Wow, that one is great. I miss seeing Clones. I hope you do a few more.

I so hope they do a Republic Commando in six inch scale.

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 09:12:39 AM »
Nice Clone Trooper customs