Author Topic: STAR WARS: ORIGINS  (Read 3059 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
STAR WARS: ORIGINS
« on: November 03, 2019, 06:48:43 AM »
Do you like Star Wars? Of course you do! Do you also like Indiana Jones?

Well, then you'll most likely LOVE the concept of this one here:

Maybe you like Assassin's Creed as well...I wonder if Doctor Aphra checks by, too
It's a fan film - not official.

Here's the official info to the Trailer:

**STAR WARS ORIGINS - FULL TRAILER** The saga you know.... the origins you don't.... STAR WARS: ORIGINS will take a unique look at where the saga began. A thrilling action adventure film drawing inspiration from both STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES to tell an epic story based on Earth during WWII. Filmed in the Sahara Desert, Morocco, Star Wars: Origins (fan film) is the culmination of three years’ work, from writer/director by Phil Hawkins (@philmblog), Executive Producer Gary Cowan and Velvet Film (@velvetfilm). Starring Marie Everett (WHAT HAPPENED TO MONDAY, Netflix), Jamie Costa (HAN SOLO: A SMUGGLER’S TRADE, HISHE), Hadrian Howard (THE MUMMY, MI ROGUE NATION) and Philip Walker. Star Wars Origins (Fan Film) - Release Date 12th December 2019, one week before #TheRiseOfSkywalker

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: STAR WARS: ORIGINS
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 03:57:00 AM »
This is pretty cool. Off to share.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 05:33:54 AM »
So after watching this trailer for a fifth time, all I can say is this:

It's looking excellent for being a fan film. And if this is a one of movie - why not? For all who love Star Wars and Indiana Jones. I even forgive them that there are two M60 tanks if this is meant to take place during WW2.

Also the fact that the Nazis try to get their hands on their finds. Well, they won't get my Black Friday deals that's for sure!
Yeah, Nazis are probably the definition or epitome of evil in the U.S. and it kind of makes sense that everyone was on competition for new technologies back then.
In fact many technologies were catalized during both World Wars and many prototypes like the UFO, the Glocke and the V-program were taken from Germany to America after the end of the war.
Many scientists were taken by the U.S. and the Soviet Union and offered a job instead of prison to help for the run to the moon. There're quite a few quality documentaries about this topic out there.

I like the idea of this movie. I only have one issue with it: What in the galaxy is Vader's helmet doing here on Earth?! I was already throwing up when it appeared in TLJ!

And I wonder how they are able to show ORIGINS in theatres license-wise. Launching it a week before the TROS is nothing but a provovcation in my eyes. But I'd rather watch this and spend my money on a ticket than seeing The Rise of Skywalker, which I will not watch.

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 12:51:06 PM »
Star Wars Origins - FULL MOVIE - (A Star Wars Fan Film) is available for FREE on YouTube since 2 pm EST on 12/12/2019:

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 01:13:12 PM »
So I just watched the premiere airing on 8 pm GMT - perfect to relax after a long day!

But it was...shorter than I expected...with 21 minutes it felt more like the first epsiode of a new series. Or maybe the intro of a James Bond movie.
However I do keep in mind that this is a movie made by fans for fans and that every single one of those 1,280 seconds of material was a hell of a lot of work. So I appreciate and honor the length of this project.

The set looks awesome, camera and cuts are well done and the acting is good I think!
Only the script might be a little overdone just for the sake of all the Easter eggs (read quotes of Star Wars).
I find it remarkable that the makers of this project were able to find (and pay) so many actors, to get so much material and film all scenes in excellent quality!
So much respect goes to everyone being part of this!
The set looks awesome, camera and cuts are well done (Star Wars feeling there) and the acting is good I think! The script might be a little overdone just for the sake of all the Easter eggs (read quotes of Star Wars). Specifically some phrases of Walter sound a little read down sometimes (like 15:06), but just a little, so no real criticism here! I find it remarkable that the makers of this project were able to find (and pay) so many actors, get so much material and film all scenes in excellent quality! So much respect goes to everyone being part of this! All actors did a fantastic job there! The music and sound effects are most excellent in my opinion!

I generally like the idea of an Indiana Jones/Star Wars crossover.
The paintings in the cave reminded me of primitive documentary of the Ewoks and C-3PO telling them the story of the great Civil War. The holocron and Stormtrooper helmets shown look fantastic!
But I don't know why Darth Vader's helmet should be found on Earth. He did not die here nor was he burried here by Luke. Also Anakin's lightsaber isn't supposed to be here, either. ANY lightsaber could've been taken. But maybe I'm too critical here...
They got some very cool surprises there! That Wookiee roar (Chewie?) when the ship's engines start let me think that the Millenium Falcon was covered under the sand. But it was actually much bigger. The Star Destroyer looking like a temple first, is like the invisible elephant in a room. It's masssive. And having it start on auto pilot makes so much sense as it'd be close to impossible to navigate it alone. Brilliant! Some good Jedha reference there! If this was just the beginning of a new story, the first episode of many - well, then I'm hyped! If this was it and stands as a "movie" it was definitely too short to me and the plot was shown too much on a rush. When the German Wehrmacht arrived I thought this might be the one and only moment for Ellie to be relieved about their arrival. Luckily they are all burried under the desert sand and I'm not justifiable to make such evaluation. I'm just happy that Ellie wasn't shot by the blue crew.
I think it's amazing that the crew got not one but TWO M60 tanks for the shoot! It doesn't even matter to me that they had not exsisted back in 1944, it's just cool! Wars always catalyzed science and technology. So finding those things from a "different world" is a very interesting theory to explain all the new technology that WWII brought (such as new engines or aircrafts, rockets and the UFO!)

I really hope more of this is possible maybe with financial support by the fan base? I actually thought this movie was going to be shown in U.S. theaters?! But I wondered how Lucasfilm would tolerate this at the same time...

I give this movie a 9.5/10 for being a fan movie! I enjoyed every second of it!

- Philipp

« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 02:00:41 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 07:32:24 AM »
Cool, I will have to give this a watch today. Off to share to the front pages.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 10:35:40 PM »
That was an awesome short film and all the little easter eggs and the one liners from the movies was great 9/10.

Ron

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 01:12:47 AM »
Tamer: Nice! Thanks for sharing the video! And how did you like it?

hemble: Thanks heaps for your comment, mate! The makers of the short film are also reading the comments on YouTube and appreciate any feedback! They also replied to mine, which surprised me. I'm glad you also like it!