Author Topic: Another Toy Line Idea  (Read 1030 times)

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
Another Toy Line Idea
« on: July 30, 2017, 04:35:13 PM »
While thinking about the "Mech-X4" creatures I picked up this week and watching an all day SyFy Channel marathon of aquatic monster movies, I came up with this:

How cool would a line of "SyFy Monsters" action figures be? While the movies and their cgi have been of dubious quality, the actual designs of the creatures (however poorly composited into the actual movies) have almost always been very creative.

I could see a line of Chap Mei/"Animal Planet" sized creatures, while not truly 1/18 scale could be close enough in "toy scale" to interact with 1/18 figures. Creatures like "Sharktopus", the mutant sharks with various numbers of heads (they have done 2, 3 and now 5 headed sharks), the various prehistoric croc/gator creatures and any number of their hybrids would make for a fun line of monster toys. Give them Chap Mei/"Animal Planet" levels of articulation (make sure to include opening/closing jaws) and paint decos (they do not need to be "prop replicas", just fun creatures), release new creatures to coincide with new movie premiers and I think you would have a popular line.

They could even make a line of 1/18 scale "SyFy Heroes" to combat them. Characters like Ian Zering's Fin from 'Sharknado" (with chainsaw accessory) and any number of other Hollywood has beens could populate the line.

Good or bad idea?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 04:47:55 PM by The Spectre »
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Another Toy Line Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 06:37:35 PM »
  I think it's a great idea. There is a huge following for sharknado, among others. If anything at least a collectors statue or something. It is a cool idea for a custom too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Another Toy Line Idea
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 06:30:43 AM »
I think its a great idea too. As long as there is decent articulation in em.