Author Topic: Toy Fair 2020  (Read 4827 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Toy Fair 2020
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2020, 04:03:39 AM »
Posted the last of the galleries to the front page. I am still processing, but wondering what has you folks the most excited.

I got to say it was "Much Ado About Nothing"! Didn't expect much, but a little more than Nothing, BECAUSE Hasbro made the excuse and told me to wait 'til ToyFair in New York, when I asked them questions in Dortmund last December. And from what I've read they always put off people to their next events. And I'm honestly quite pissed that they still treat the brand like $h*t.

More on that later...could you ask the brand team our Questions?

Sad fact is: I got more Questions now than I did before NYTF...I mean the Snowspeeder is really awesome. But...
How is it possible that they can design and offer an ALL-NEW vehicle in 1/12 scale for $119.99 and give TVC just a REPAINT of the Slave I with slightly different paint apps & box design and offer it for $149.99?!
This makes me MAD!

I'm not even getting started on the lack of new figures for TVC...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2020, 04:19:06 AM »
I am not sure Tony got the chance to ask our questions as the presentation went way over and I am not sure they did their Q and A.

On another note, Tony just wrote an editorial piece about a topic that kept coming up over and over again this past weekend. I think we all need to get prepared for distribution to get even worse over the next few months or even years as the coronavirus shuts down production in China and other Asian countries.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2020, 04:23:35 AM »
Thanks for your reply, Tamer! Yes, there will be massive delays. I already listened to the interviews of JediNews.co.uk and StarWarsFiguren.com with Hasbro. And the virus is in Europe now. Excellent.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2020, 02:50:18 AM »
German eTailer of Merch Toy-Palace.com listed The Black Series Snowspeeder with Dak Ralter already & up for pre-order. It's listed to be released on June 30, 2020 - at least here in Germany. And it's yet to see how much delay on delivery we'll see due to the Corona Virus.

Most surprising to me is their pre-order price of just 118,90€ - so that's 1:1 to the U.S. MRSP, which is fantastic actually! Usually regular Prices are About 20-30 higher than the MRSP here...including 19% sales tax...
Again, it's a great time to be a 6 inch collector.

https://www.toy-palace.com/en/star-wars-black-series-episode-5-snowspeeder-dak-ralter-40th-anniversary-2020-vehicle-action-figure-hasbro.html