Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Vehicles

FINISHED: Imperial Shuttle full teardown & conversion

(1/5) > >>

TheBoo:
Hey all!

This time I'm trying to post things up as I go along, in case anyone has any questions along the way.

OK! Shuttle Tydirium! This one is getting the full workup, including Arduino-controlled nav lights, lots of cockpit work, and attachable landing gear doors so that I can put it in either mode when it's on display. I'm using the same kits (Flakverling & hanomag) as the original model used.

Let's start with the cockpit:

First step is to greeblie up the back of the cockpit:

Then, build an accurate set of wing guns:

Next it to cut out everything from the cockpit, so that i can get it back to proper scale:

Then, start building up the cockpit:

After that, start building up the jump seat risers, and wall for the recessed door and blue panel lights:

Alright! Time to start running fiber and lights!

Presto! The lights change color in different sequences. (CLICK FIRST & SECOND PIC TO GO TO A VIDEO)
20170621_191305 by Booyotch1, on Flickr

20170626_204837 by Booyotch1, on Flickr

Now let's add some teeny seats from Shapeways! I also lensed some larger gauge fiber to make little spotlights for the inside. It's hard to capture, but you can see everything nicely through the cockpit glass.

After that, it was time to make the gears and gear bay doors. They will attach with magnets to the fuselage. Tried to get it close to screen accurate, but had a little fun with the extras.

Next up I move onto wiring the wings and working on the fuselage.

Tamer:
Now this is jaw dropping impressive. Off to share!

mr.Jedi1977:
Now that is Awesome !!!!

TheBoo:
OK! So I started tinkering with the Arduino.  Programming is hard!

But here's the test with the 6 nav lights, 2 landing, and 4 engine lights/  The timing and delay matches RotJ.
Here's the vid:
All lights:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYlj5stHdK5/?taken-by=booyotch

Got the landing gears done, and magnets in, and I think it came out pretty cool! Happy with the illusion, and being able to detach for flight mode is pretty sweet.

Tamer:
Pretty awesome if you ask me. Off to share the update.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version