Author Topic: Echo_Six's customs  (Read 37616 times)

Offline Echo_Six

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: Echo_Six's customs (revised giant mouse droid added)
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 03:59:01 PM »
Thanks very much for the positive feedback, guys.  Much appreciated!

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 11:48:51 AM »
Marvelous job--revised product came out great!

Offline Stan

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 05:20:56 PM »
A masterpiece!

Offline Echo_Six

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2017, 06:03:54 PM »
Thanks Chris and Stan, much appreciated.   ;D

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 07:47:13 AM »
Those are outstanding droid customs.
Keep up the great work.

Offline Echo_Six

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 10:26:33 PM »
Thanks for the comment!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2017, 12:09:30 AM »
Wow Echo-Six, those droids look great! The way you designed these figures was exceptionally clever.

Offline Echo_Six

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: Echo_Six's customs
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 09:42:27 PM »
Finished a few new ones - Some fairly involved, others not so much.

Fozec:

Torso, lower body, "skirt," and shoulder armor - TVC Sandstorm Lando
Arms, hands - LC comic pack Talon Karrde
Bracers - MU Black Widow
Head - Custom cast, paint by Glassman Customs

Shirtless Guy ("SG"):

Torso, "skirt," hands, helmet, shoulder and forearm armor - TVC Sandstorm Lando
Arms - LC Luke from Lumiya comic pack
Legs - TVC Weequay Hunter
Head - SOTDS Hoth Rebel Trooper

Lots of sanding with these two, mainly smoothing the torsos. I sprayed Fozec's torso and arms with Meltonian "Chocolate" vinyl dye, and brush-painted SG's torso to match the arms and head. The waist wraps/"skirts" were sprayed with Hi-Tech "Dark Red," then the chest straps and gunbelts were repainted with Testors "Burnt Umber." Next, I cut the shoulder and forearm armor pieces from the donors, and sanded them until they were thin enough to use on the new arms. Armor pieces were painted with Testors "Aluminum." SG got the forearm pieces, while Fozec has bracers made from sanded-down MU Black Widow stingers. (I'm in the process of fitting forearm pieces from a pair of the older swivel-elbow Landos to replace the bracers.) Before supergluing the armor in place, I glued thin strips of brown Cricut vinyl around the shoulders and forearms to serve as straps. For SG's helmet, I cut the mask off of Lando's helmet and sanded the "teeth" along the bottom edge -- They're not all the same size, but they are symmetrical from side-to-side. The cloth is from a TPM "Naboo Accessory" pack Jedi robe. SG's legs were dyed with Hi-Tech "Tan."

Before gluing the armor pieces on, I marked their locations with masking tape to ensure consistent placement. Still botched one - Had to remove it by "sawing" it loose with dental floss. Got it on the second try. ;D Might re-paint the armor to look like tarnished brass later... Still need to prep and sand Fozec's ankles, too.

Shoulder up/down range of motion is limited by the armor plates. I can slightly "tuck" the armor into the shoulder socket like Sandstorm Lando, but it's not worth popping the plates off and/or tearing the straps loose. The only way around this limitation that I can see would be to attach the armor with small elastic straps, but I'll leave that for someone else to tackle.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:55:35 PM by Echo_Six »

Offline Echo_Six

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2018, 09:45:19 PM »
On to some cantina patrons:

Braconnor Bakiska:

Body - LC concept Ki-Adi-Mundi
Hands - TVC Bom Vimdin
Hood - GI Joe POC Zartan
Head - Custom cast, paint by Glassman Customs

The body was dyed with Hi-Tech "Beige," the hands with Hi-Tech "Brown," and the hood with Hi-Tech "Light Brown." The belt was painted with Tamiya "Brown" and the boots were painted with Testors "Leather," then the hood and boots were given washes with Tamiya "Brown." The neck was painted with Testors "Skin Tone Shadow Tint," then dry-brushed with a mix of Testors "Skin Tone Warm Tint" and "Skin Tone Base Light" to roughly match the head's skin tones.

I've tried a variety of hoods and this is the best version that I've found so far - The headsculpt has a very large dome, so most hoods are too small. I'll be keeping an eye out for alternatives, though.

Reegesk the Ranat:

Body - TVC Luke Skywalker (lightsaber construction)
Hands - TBS Ponda Baba
Robe - TPM "Naboo Disguise" accessory pack Jedi robe
Head - Custom cast

The base body is untouched. I gave the hands a brown dry-brush, then sewed up the front of the robe. The robe was so tight that I had to boil and pop Luke's forearms then replace them after putting on the robe.

Also managed to scrounge another ROTLA Map room Indy figure and make another robe for Debnoli. I used a very fine Sharpie this time and the results were much better.

Offline Echo_Six

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2018, 09:49:58 PM »
Last is a small batch of head swaps:

Really liking the 5 POA Hoth Leia headsculpt. Required a light Dremeling to fit and a hair touch-up with Testors "Burnt Umber." I got the headless body in a fodder lot intending to make a Bespin Escape Leia but the torso is too awkward without the vest, so...

Compared to the original. (I always keep an unmodified version of any stock figures that I mod.)

An SA Lt. Lepira (TAC head Dremeled to fit a LC Wedge body), Red Eight/Bren Quersey* (5 POA Poe Dameron head on a TBS Dutch Vander with a Dak Ralter helmet), and Red Nine/Nozzo Naytaan (TBS Dutch Vander with a Dak Ralter helmet - Laziest custom EVAR!).

IMO, Dameron's head looks more like this guy than Dameron.

*Screw the "New Canon."

Deak and Windy:

Don't know which is which, or if it even matters. I just get a kick out of Antares' expression.

Left is a Resurgence Luke torso with the lower body from a TBS Ceremony Luke dyed Hi-Tech "Brown" with Testors "Leather" boots. Head is from a LC Antares Draco.
Right is a TAC Luke torso and head with the lower body from a TVC Peasant Disguise Anakin.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2018, 02:49:48 AM »
Wow, what a great update. I don't even know where to begin.

I will getting some of this on the front page.

Love that Hoth Leia head on the vintage collection body. I thought I might do that one someday myself. It sure looks great. You have perhaps the best Hoth Leia out there now.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2018, 01:16:48 PM »
What an excellent update. There is some excellent work here. The skiff guards, in particular, deserve some special kudos - you did a lot of work on these and it shows. Thank you for sharing your recipes also, that is most helpful.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2018, 01:34:57 PM »
fantastic work my friend ! especially loving the deak and windy characters ! i heavily tossed around doing these guys but decided not to at the time . but may do it in the future ! great choice using the poe 5 poa head on the pilot , i think when i did mine i used a fixer head .  keep them coming

Offline Echo_Six

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2018, 11:00:46 PM »
Thanks for the comments, everyone.    :)