Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Contests

Star Wars No Paint Kit Bash 2017

(1/16) > >>

Tamer:
Time to celebrate May the 4th Imperial Shipyards Style!

Hello Shipyarders, today we are announcing The Star Wars No Paint Kit Bash Rally 2017. Open to any member of the Shipyards, make/enter anywhere from 1 to 5 figures  of the 3.75" or 6" Variety. Your entry needs to be Star Wars in nature and can be from any time frame or genre you choose (OTC, Prequel, Rogue One, TFA, TOR, etc.) as long as it is a new custom for you that hasn't been shared yet. The idea is to get us thinking about what parts look good together without painting anything. You are allowed to add greeblies, bits, strapping or other "do-dads" as you wish. We would like to see multiple parts added (more than just a head swap) as an entry and when you submit a photo of the figure (up to four images for each entry) we will also need a parts list (recipe) and description of what you have done. Then, after this is over, we can take all the great creations you folks will come up with and replicate them ourselves down the road. This contest will run from now till June 4th, 2017 at 9 AM eastern standard time.

For each figure you enter here (in this thread), you will get 1 ticket with your name on it in the Empire Strikes Back Mug ( with my daughter drawing em out when all the entries are in ). Meaning the more kit bashes you make the more entries you get for the random drawing. Again, you can enter up to 5 figures. Once again please make sure your entry includes:

1. A picture

2. Your parts recipe

3. Description of how you put them together

I have a ton of prizes stored up from our challenge hiatus so look for me to draw quite a few names. I will try go get you more pictures very soon, but wanted to announce this for May the 4th. This is definitely not the entire list.

And the image above is from my daughter's entry way back in 2014 when she made her own entry for this contest. I need to go back and see if I can find it. Matter of fact feel free to go down memory lane like I did today from our previous challenge:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=8904.msg168114#msg168114

There were some great entries there. This will be a great challenge to start up our custom contests again. Thanks for entering Yarders!

Forceflow:
Oh man, knew it would come down to this! It's going to be a challenge, for sure. I'm so used to using paint, even sparingly... but I'm sure we'll see a lot of creative ways around that.

Tamer:
I can't wait to see some entries pop into this.

Tamer:
Anyone working on anything for this?

JDeck:
Actually I have a few ideas for "ultimate" figures that are no paint kitbashes. So win win. It really is a challenge, I usually use a splash of paint on everything. Great prizes too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version