Author Topic: the hide and seek snake...  (Read 1913 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
the hide and seek snake...
« on: September 04, 2009, 06:58:50 PM »
figured it deserved it's own thread it was so funny...

if you havn't read about this in the pet section basically what happened is that my black rat snake escaped his cage and went mia for about 4 days...

Dawn called me while I was in class the other day freaking out saying I needed to come home right away, but to be careful when I opened the door... this is what we had found...

she took these pics while waiting for me, of course the last picture is of me holding the snake where we found him...

lol I thought about uploading this to "icanhascheeseburger.com" and captioning it with something like "Iz in ur coats soaking up the warmz" or just simply "peek-a-boo"
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 07:05:14 PM by spudafett »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: the hide and seek snake...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 06:55:22 AM »
He was just looking for a warm place to relax!  That is TOO funny!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 04:51:55 PM »
Looks like he was pretty daggone cozy.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 05:02:49 PM »
well... apparently this is a game he has come to enjoy:

Dawn walked in our bedroom today, flipped the light on, only to find this guy enjoying another leasurely slither through our room.  Needless to say this was the last straw for Dawn.  We'd already decided to let him go but I was waiting to take him out to my parents, where they have about 30 acres of wooded swampy land.  As I can't have him escaping again and getting lost and having to listen to Dawn's constant worrying about where he is at I went on and let him go out in the backyard. 

I've had him for almost 4 years but I know he'll be ok.  it was a wild cought snake to begin with. 

in a strange twist of fate the groundscrew knocked on the door and had two of these guys that they almost ran over

most likely I'll be letting them go too... I realy can't afford keeping them... BUT THEY ARE JUST TOOO CUTE! lol   

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 09:38:59 AM »
My wife would divorce me if I brought home a snake. I think I had a copperhead in the woods along my driveway last week. I couldn't get to it in time to make sure though. I didn't really hurry though.

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 09:14:39 PM »
That's pretty awesome that you like snakes! My girlfriend and I have both had snakes.. she had an amelanistic corn snake (white and pink-ish), and I had a big ol' fat Ball Python. Hers was much nicer than mine but started biting a little bit, which ended up freaking her out too much to keep it (we gave it to our friend in the Mizzou Aquarium Club), and mine was always a grumpy asshole. I realized that I actually liked the mice better than the snake, which is why I gave mine up, lol. I only got him because my friends' neighbor died and he didn't have any relatives to give it to. He smelled like cigarettes until he first molted when I had him, ew!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 09:41:54 PM »
I got my red tailed boa from a smoker and he was the same way!  funny how the smell is shed off with their skin.  I think red (as we call him) also has a respiratory problem from living with such chronic smokers...  he was realy easilly agitated when I first got him but now he is very docile.

i tried raising mice to feed these guys and hated it!  they stank to high heaven and I kept having problems with the females eating their babies... I kept them fed and watered but for some reason they kept killing their young.  Wound up not being cost effective! 

I took the baby corns out to my parents and let them go at their house as I was afraid to let them back out in our yard.  They almost got ran over by a lawnmower here already!