Author Topic: My Imperial Army-Build W.I.P.  (Read 8799 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: My Imperial Army-Build W.I.P.
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2023, 04:10:56 AM »
I forgot about that EE Set. I have one somewhere. Great figure that gal Stormy. Nice to know those heads from the Hoth pack fit ok. Nice move changing their affiliation.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2023, 07:58:19 AM »
I was always afraid that my Joker Squad yellows. I got the set from EE back in the day when I lived in Michigan. It was on clearance and I got it for $27,84, whcih were 20,65€ back then. A single carded figure cost 12.99€ in 2010. So this was a steal of a deal for 7 figures. Thanks for sharing your experience with Joker Squad. I do hope that they don't yellow.

Brilliant idea with the head-swaps! Thanks for sharing! I would love to see more of your Scarif diorama as well! I haven't seen the complete dio, yet, but the details blew me away already.

Thanks! Last year I didn't get a whole lot done. Between renovating and moving, I had everything packed up for several months. I would like to make a Scarif bunker, but that might be above my skill set. None the less, I still have enough trees, bushes and crates to make some scarif scenes. I think I'll start a Toy Photography thread, because it's not quite diorama building.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2023, 08:10:03 AM »
I forgot about that EE Set. I have one somewhere. Great figure that gal Stormy. Nice to know those heads from the Hoth pack fit ok. Nice move changing their affiliation.

Thanks! I could dremel the heads out a little. They sit high and a little tight, but then I'd have a bunch of headless rebels.  They fit better on the Morak drivers, who then can easily be made into Mudtroopers or field officers. They're a little loose, but I can put a little of that gorilla putty into the head, for a tighter fit, without doing anything permanent. These figures are getting too expensive to mess around too much. I might see what swapping neck barbells from morak drivers to stormtroopers would do.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 05:41:33 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2023, 06:51:20 AM »
Yeah, I know what you mean when these figures are starting to go over the twenty dollar price points.

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2023, 09:06:31 PM »
I'm a little late but I had to let you these are awesome, I am so jealous of your display. I love your integration of the regular troopers with the scariff trooper and did I notice some flame troopers in a mid row. Excellent.

By the Knights of Mandalore, our Quest will ring true

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2023, 07:26:35 PM »
I'm a little late but I had to let you these are awesome, I am so jealous of your display. I love your integration of the regular troopers with the scariff trooper and did I notice some flame troopers in a mid row. Excellent.

Thanks! It's never too late. Yeah I'm trying to give each platoon a unique specialty weapon section. Incinerator, rocket launcher, heavy shoretrooper and I have 5 mortar troopers coming. If a new trooper variant comes out I'll replace the heavy shoretroopers first.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2023, 08:42:35 PM »
Set up the logistical company, with the exception of the tank commander NCOs (Aldhani Mission Andor) on preorder. 3 platoons of 4 Assault Tanks, plus 1 each mimban and mudtrooper squads for support. A patrol platoon with a squad of patrol troopers and 4 squads consisting of an ITT crew, a small stormtrooper squad and a K-series support droid to round out the company. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 09:33:23 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2023, 03:43:09 AM »
Definitely creating something awesome here.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2023, 07:36:37 PM »
I set up the armored company. Kind of thin. I put the all black shadow stormtroopers with the scout platoon, and the inferno squad trooper as the platoon leader. I might get more scouts when the new one comes out. They said it's improved, but it looks the same to me outside the helmet.
Hopefully they'll make some kind of new tank driver variant so I can fill the space up a little more. I wish they'd repack the AT-AT commander. I could use at least 5 more. Maybe they'll make a Veers with the new officer sculpt. 

Everything I have is set up now. I'll add some kind of lighting, then wait for preorders. I still want to add walls, but it would cost too much for 3d printed walls. I'll just make my own imperial base walls.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 07:38:36 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2023, 03:44:26 AM »
I started to do the math, but then stopped. Wow, thats a lot of troopers.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2023, 07:58:07 AM »
I started to do the math, but then stopped. Wow, thats a lot of troopers.
Once my preorders come in I'll have roughly 550. 10x Aldhani Mission Andor, 5x Mortar troopers, 4x scout so far. My objective is 600, 200 per shelf. I need more allocated to the Navy shelf and the Armored company. So any new stormtroopers, will go to navy. Not sure how many Piett/Jergerrod figures I'll get, probably between 1-10. Probably get a few Remnant Scouts, one more clean scout. Then hope to fill the holes with whatever new comes until I reach 600.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2023, 06:50:06 PM »
I got 6/10 of my Andor Aldhani troopers. I'm making them my logistical engineers. So I made 3 into officers. From left to right; Commander, first lieutenant, second lieutenant. I made rank plaques using green stuff, and painted them yellow and red because technically they're in engineering.   Im not sure what I'll do with the rest. Maybe NCO arm bands, red, and white.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 07:14:04 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2023, 04:30:54 AM »
Great idea, they look good. Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2023, 04:21:02 PM »
I like how these guys turned out. Nice job on the rank insignias - they're really small, so kudos! I like the variety of heads you used, too.