Author Topic: My Imperial Army-Build W.I.P.  (Read 8795 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: My Imperial Army-Build W.I.P.
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2021, 03:37:08 AM »
Love seeing all those Walker Drivers. Man, they could rerelease those AT-DP Pilots again and it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2021, 04:39:35 AM »
Love seeing all those Walker Drivers. Man, they could rerelease those AT-DP Pilots again and it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Yeah, I need them to rerelease, AT-AT Commander and Assault tank driver. I know when the Din Djarin in Juggernaut driver disguise drops, I'll have to scramble to get about 10-20 before they're gone forever.  That'll make a solid armored company.

Once the 16 stormtroopers I ordered come in, I can add the shore troopers in with the scouts, then put the shadow troopers in with the navy.

I started setting up the navy/high command, but they all fell over, because the damn k2so is so top heavy.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2021, 05:53:23 AM »
Holy shmolies what an army!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2022, 07:49:26 PM »
Here's my army in it's entirety. I still need a shelf. I think I'll get an industrial shelf from home depot 48x72x24. That'll be big enough to but 200 men or more per shelf.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2022, 09:51:27 PM »
That's a big army! Somehow an industrial shelf seems the right environment for the faceless troops of the Imperial war machine. I think it works.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2022, 11:20:51 PM »
That's a big army! Somehow an industrial shelf seems the right environment for the faceless troops of the Imperial war machine. I think it works.
Yeah I think so. Maybe if I get really inventive I can make walls. I was hoping Spacewalls was going to launch a bunch of kits when they went legit, but that didn't happen.

I'm going to mount the figures using Gorilla mounting putty. I tested it on my Shoretroopers a while back. Not one fell, no residue on the figures or the surface.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2022, 05:07:43 AM »
Yeah I have a friend who has a massive toy room who lives near me (Jake James) who used those types of Industrial Shelves to display his massive armies. It looks fantastic.

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2022, 06:47:34 AM »
Holy cow! That is a lot of troops! Thank you also for the idea with the mounting putty. Forum member Mosh was so kind and suggested using the same method as we discussed earlier here.
The rack you ordered looks perfect for this purpose. Cannot wait to see it all built up!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2022, 07:26:42 AM »
Holy cow! That is a lot of troops! Thank you also for the idea with the mounting putty. Forum member Mosh was so kind and suggested using the same method as we discussed earlier here.
The rack you ordered looks perfect for this purpose. Cannot wait to see it all built up!
He was wondering about silicone, which would work but it would be permanent. So i suggested using the mounting putty. Then there were concerns about residue, but I tested it and no residue or discoloration. Can probably use it for most dioramas with a hard surface.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2022, 03:28:21 PM »
That Gorilla mounting putty info. is really helpful. Thanks for experimenting for the rest of us.  ;) I think walls would be cool. That whole space walls thing was too bad.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2022, 10:01:25 PM »
If there is any residue, you take a glob and pat it to pick up the left overs.
This putty has been on since July, came off clean. The little dimple is from the injection molding.

But while I'm on the subject of shoretroopers. Why didn't hasbro make the Andor shoretrooper in 3.75? They call 3.75 the world building scale, and make more variants in 6". For imperial troops I'll buy anywhere from 5 to 30+.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 12:36:23 AM by JDeck »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2022, 04:18:46 AM »
Nice, I'll definitely try this putty to position some figures on dioramas in the future. And I'm more than optimistic, that Hasbro will give us another Shoretrooper on ANDOR cardback.
Am also waiting for a Scarif playset, maybe with a palm tree, some cargo craits and even another gate?
Endor "bunker" wink wink  ;)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2022, 02:07:10 PM »
Nice, I'll definitely try this putty to position some figures on dioramas in the future. And I'm more than optimistic, that Hasbro will give us another Shoretrooper on ANDOR cardback.
Am also waiting for a Scarif playset, maybe with a palm tree, some cargo craits and even another gate?
Endor "bunker" wink wink  ;)

Im not expecting anything from Rogue One. We still don't have a majority of main characters. I'll make my own Scarif.

I got my shelf. It's the Gladiator 5-tier. It cost me $200, and they must charge by the pound.  It uses hooks and slots for connections, which is fast and easy, but after assembly, there's a little wobble. Just from the give between the hooks and slots. Needs cross beams. This is probably why people don't use garage shelves for displays, but with the mounting putty, the figures will stay in place.  Im putting my imperial base diorama stuff on top, and vehicles on the bottom. Still don't know how I want to use the deluxe emperor throne room thing.  The spacing is a little tight, but I can fit 200 per shelf.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 05:02:46 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2022, 12:46:47 AM »
Unfortunately, I agree with you about the likelihood of more Scarif stuff, JDeck. I think we will probably eventually get each of the main figures, but it could be a very, very long time.

I like the shelves a lot. It's a bummer about the wiggle factor, but it's not insurmountable.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2022, 06:31:07 AM »
So it's 2 against 1, gentlemen. I stay optimistic for more Rogue One goodness in TVC: Krennic, Baze Malbus, Mr Saw Gerrera and even a Scarif Playset. I can definitely see the brand team making those.

That definitely looks like a high-end rack! Never heard of charging a storage rack by its weight, but one can tell, this is the best stuff out there for smaller logistics/office purposes.
I paid 25 bucks for a similar one, but it's not that stable by far! I also love the height you chose for the floors. It's amazing that a single rack can store a whole garrison! Nice arrangement with the Emperor above and the vehicles on the floor, especially because these Scout Walkers tend to fall over.
You're working on some truly awesome projects at the moment, JDeck!
Thanks for sharing all the fun with us!