Author Topic: Car-X Auto Repair  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Car-X Auto Repair
« on: September 04, 2009, 06:32:39 PM »
I don't know if any of you have one of these locally or not, or if yours have employees as awesome as mine, but if you need car repairs, I urge you to check them out.  I've taken my car there several times, and anymore I don't even shop around, my car goes there automatically.  I took mine in today because I've been having a power steering fluid leak, and it's been getting worse and worse, so I took it in for an inspection.  It was gonna cost me $450, which I don't have, so instead they found out what I COULD afford, and fashioned the part from scratch as a temporary band aid until I can get it fixed correctly, and made sure to discount my bill until it was $100.  They did EASILY $240 in labor alone!  Seriously, I urge you to check them out.  They may not be as honest and hard working as the ones at my shop, but it's worth a look!

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Re: Car-X Auto Repair
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 07:05:34 PM »
I don't take my cars into the shop, but it's good to hear someone has good stories to share, seems most car repair stories are not so nice. I am lucky that I can do 99% of my own repairs. The only time I take a car in is if it is covered under the warranty and I don't have to pay for it.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 08:28:19 PM »
I tell ya what, I do miss working on my own cars a bit.  Saves a boatload of money, to be sure.  My problem is I don't have the proper tools necessary as of yet.  I need a good 2-ton jack, some jack stands or ramps, and some quality tools.  The part could have been gotten for $180 on my own, and it wouldn't have been to difficult to replace if I had some tall ramps and proper ratchets/wrenches.  In due time, I guess.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 08:34:10 PM »
I have been working on cars and rods since I was 15 so, I do understand about tools. Tools are 90% of the job. It took me many years to aquire all I have. I still want more. One thing I have on my wish list for when I build a new garage is a hoist. You can get an above ground hoist for under 2grand and I really want one one day. Maybe when I retire ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 05:35:06 AM »
I am like Wayne, I try to do my own repairs if it is not under warranty. Ofcourse I cheat, my brother has been an autobody man since before high school so I just call him up. I bet he hates seeing my number show up on his caller id. He still answers though.

I do like the sound of a good car repair place though.