Author Topic: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog  (Read 53053 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog
« Reply #270 on: November 03, 2021, 02:18:47 AM »
Oh yeah he said it was the mounting machine and wrote up a statement that said that. I emailed and faxed it in yesterday.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #271 on: November 03, 2021, 04:14:23 AM »
That sucks Shawn, I usually get scuffs in the bank drive thru or checking a curb somewhere. My wheels are powder coated black which is certainly more forgiving at a distance.
  In the work truck, I end up checking curbs all over the place. Still not used to sitting so high or something, I guess.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #272 on: November 04, 2021, 02:43:34 AM »
Yeah, hate having to fight them over something so apparent, but we will see what happens.

It is getting time to put some meat in the freezer so that will be fun.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #273 on: November 05, 2021, 03:03:16 AM »
First off, stuff like this sucks for ever and I'm really sorry to hear this happened to you. As you said there's insurance to pay for accidents. Sh*t happens and the joke shouldn't be on you as a customer.
When I read through your description, I found one detail fishy right away:

The wheel was already ON the machine with the new tire put on, when the tech walked up to you to make you aware of the damage. If he was an honest guy/company they would check this PRIOR they put their hands on your car!
Remember when I rented a car on Spain? There's a sheet to fill out and note ALL existing dents and scratches on the car. If that's not done, I will not get on the car because you never know if they want to sew you.

For reference here's a damage caused by a curb, which Clonehead already mentioned above. My dad had a discussion with a client and didn't pay full attention while parking. That rim is $500 so he bit his tongue quite a bit after this.
To me your damage looks different, because it's a smooth bent for a lack of a better word. I could ask a mechanic here in Germany what he thinks of your case.
I hope it'll be figured out, but it's annoying nevertheless...

Best wishes and be safe everyone!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #274 on: November 07, 2021, 05:58:13 AM »
Yeah, thanks Philipp. I still like to think most people are good, but man it is getting harder and harder these days.

As for an update, I still haven't heard back from the claims woman. I am gonna call the main company tomorrow just to see if I can talk to a live body. I know they didn't expect me to get the mechanic report and now will have a harder time wiggling out of it. I may go back to talk to the Wal-Mart manager too even though I don't expect him to do much. He needs to know about the quality of all of the staff involved in this.

I have no doubt this situation will arise again there.

Anyhow, I appreciate the support. I don't normally moan and groan so much, but this one has me buggered.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #275 on: December 04, 2021, 07:36:45 PM »
How much are your tires going for these days, Shawn?
 I priced tired for the Challenger the other day and they were $300 each

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #276 on: December 05, 2021, 06:58:11 AM »
Hey Clint, it looks like one of my wheels goes for around $530.

Update on the situation, I got another email and letter saying I needed to send in an estimate for the cost of the replacement so I did the same day I got the email.

Now I had a message on my answering machine saying they still needed the estimate. So now I guess we go the you didn't contact me route. This is such a convuluted mess just so they don't have to pay.

I will keep you updated.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #277 on: December 05, 2021, 07:44:18 PM »
Remember the 3 principles of life.
Never quit.
Never give up.
Never say die.
Satisfaction will be yours.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #278 on: December 06, 2021, 04:00:35 AM »
Ron, I am definitely keeping after them.

Gonna email em again today and try to call again.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #279 on: June 08, 2022, 05:22:07 AM »
Wow, not keeping up with this very good. Feel like I should change this to Tamer's Rant instead of Blog.

First the good news, I finally did get them to reimburse me for my truck wheel after months of wrangling. And a few months later I went back to that same Wal-Mart and saw Automotive was under new administration; they even gave my wife a deal on four new tires ( Uh, don't get an all wheel drive car folks!).

Now onto my latest rant. We bought a new door for our house last Spring (2021) and today we are on our fourth door that had to be sent back due to being damaged. I kid you not, from the manufacturer they are damaging it in either shipping or the factory. Our builder assures us this is usually a quality company and he has never seen this type of thing in all his years of working. Lucky me I guess.

Most of the damages have been coming from them shipping it and it showing up buggered up. Our builder just sent us pictures of the latest one with a big end in the upper right and and the framing tore off the right side. He won't even leave the warehouse until they take off the shipping materials to check it. He said he has never had to do this before.

I am thinking it might be time to try a new door company, but get this, our builder has already cut the hole for the door size we want and the "loaner door" we are using fits said hole so we are trying to get by so he (our builder) doesn't have to redo all the installation work he has put in so far. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? Does any shipper ever care about their product showing up in good condition?