Author Topic: Goldleaderone's World: Surviving one day at a time  (Read 13361 times)

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
Re: Goldleaderone's World: Surviving one day at a time
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2015, 11:56:19 AM »
My hard word and dedication paid off at AAA.  My supervisor told me a few full time positions opened and I applied right away.  I had an "interview" with my old supervisor.  Its on her team, she was my supervisor when I was a temp last year.  It really wasn't an interview, she just pulled me aside to tell me I got the job!  She wasn't supposed to tell me but she likes me and was really happy for me.  She wanted to let me know, this was my Christmas present.  They will be calling me Monday to officially offer me the job, and I have 2 weeks to let my other job know.  She said she can give me 3 weeks as well if needed, she says she can work with me cause I have 13 years with my other job.

My shift will be Sunday-Thursday 8:30-5.  My goal is to keep the market job, maybe 2 or at most 3 nights a week. I will not tell them I have Friday and Saturday off.  I will just go in, tell them I got full time and give them my availability.  I'm happy and nervous at the same time.  My stress level will most certainly be down, as I won't be there 6 days a week anymore.

I told my family at Christmas Eve dinner.  I stood up and announced I got full time and everyone was real happy. My uncle said even though we stopped exchanging gifts years ago, this was the best gift I could give my family.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2015, 03:17:48 AM »
Congratulations!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2016, 12:26:56 PM »
Been a while since I posted in here. Nothing really drastic has changed, just a few things of note.

- Looking to get a new car soon. I was thinking of getting one towards the end of the year, that way the 2016 models would be cheaper. Then I realized I don't want to drive a brand new car in the winter, so I may wait until after. Looking to get another Toyota Corolla or even a Camry.

- Never thought I'd say this but I left my job at the market. My last day was August 11th, and it was bittersweet to leave. I was there 14 years, but I'm so glad to be out of there. I'm still working full time at AAA, just the 40 hours a week. We've been busier now because 2 other call centers have closed, so now we are taking on extra call volumes. It sucks but I just deal with it. I've waited a long time to get full time somewhere. My biggest thing though is how they treat us. They treat us there like adults, and that's always important with me. Supervisors are approachable. At the market it never seemed that way.

- I've been in talks about eventually moving out. Nothing is set in stone or anything, I haven't looked at any places or anything. Just been talking about doing so, basically the gears have just started to turn.

- Lastly, I started to thin out my Star Wars collection. I'm not getting out of collecting or anything, just looking to get rid of some stuff I don't have a need for anymore. I'm looking to part with my 3.75" figure collection. I'm not that deep with it so its a bit easier for me. I'm looking to focus on collecting the 6" figures, which appeal more to me. I get more enjoyment out of them, as seen from my instagram shots. However, I am still keeping my 3.75" pilot and Shadows of the Empire figures. I just hate the direction Hasbro is going with their figures. I was more of a vehicle guy anyway, and it'll be nice to focus on one line.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2016, 08:49:15 AM »
Well good luck with all those things. I do find it interesting to see what people are dealing with at times.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 09:15:01 PM »
I've been looking at some condos the past few weeks. I looked at a third one tonight. I've been having my Dad, my Aunt and Uncle come with me to help me out. The one we looked at tonight, we all liked. We sat down and decided, tomorrow I'm going to call and make an offer, see if they accept. If not we negotiate and go from there. It's a real nice place, and about a 10 minute drive from my work place. I also checked my credit score and it is very good.

Fingers crossed!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2017, 02:56:02 AM »
Ah, I remember doing that myself. Good luck and good times. Enjoy it!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2017, 07:44:25 PM »
Thanks Tamer!

I have been pre-approved for a mortgage, should be hearing in the next day or so if my offer has been accepted.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2017, 06:20:29 AM »
LOL. I was just commenting on this over in your custom thread. Fingers crossed you get it Dave.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2017, 05:39:35 PM »
Looks like I'm the backup offer on the condo. On to the next one I guess.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2017, 03:30:51 AM »
Sorry it didn't work out, but there will be other places.