Author Topic: Join the Resistance and sign this petition!  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
Join the Resistance and sign this petition!
« on: March 22, 2017, 01:47:47 AM »
In 1977, Star Wars took the world by storm. Renowned toy company Kenner gained the rights to produce toys based on the film, and the Star Wars 3.75" action figure and toy craze began. In 1995, Kenner brought back Star Wars action figures under their parent company Hasbro. For the next 17 years, Star Wars action figures evolved and improved, receiving high levels of detail and articulation. In 2013, Hasbro devolved their Star Wars figures into very simplistic designs with a basic 5 points of articulation (5POA). In 2015, their 3.75" super-articulated figures (SA) were given as an exclusive to Walmart, where releases are infrequent and comprised primarily of older, repackaged figures. Distribution and availability under Walmart has been abysmal, and the morale and dedication of lifelong collectors and supporters of Star Wars 3.75" super-articulated figures is dwindling.
Hasbro- Please bring back super-articulated figures as a mainstream product line with respectable availability at all major retailers. With better product being available to worldwide customers and patrons of Hasbro, you will sell more products and regain your reputation as the world's leading maker of mass-produced toys. As a lifelong customer of Kenner and Hasbro, I have become disheartened and disengaged by the lack of quality Star Wars action figures in the 3.75" scale. Not all figures require super-articulation, but every mainstream figure available should not be 5POA. Your fans, collectors, and customers want to give you our money. Please deliver figures in the 3.75" range that are deserving of it.

SIGN THE PETITION HERE:

https://www.change.org/p/victoria-s-cantina-hasbro-make-super-articulated-3-75-star-wars-figures-mainstream
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Join the Resistance and sign this petition!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 01:54:56 AM »
I think we can all understand the sentiment.

It was funny this year when Dan introduced himself at Toy Fair to the Hasbro Team their comment was something to the effect of

"I know we will get some articulation questions"

We will keep after them too.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 03:52:09 PM »
TVC IS BACK!  Not exclusive to Walmart. Spring 2018.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 03:59:21 PM by JDeck »

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 01:10:26 PM »
It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 01:57:45 AM »
The figures are all supposedly gonna sport super articulation too. I look for a lot of the walmart stuff out now to get vintage cards, but so glad vintage is back.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 04:51:18 AM »
Im pretty sure most or all of the TFA figures will be re released. They were pretty good. I didn't like leia, but the others were good. We've already gotten several waves of leia/phasma. Every time I go to WM theres more of them.
  Biggest thing for me is not having them WM exclusives. I really don't care about the cards, im an opener. However the vintage cards will drive up demand and price.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 07:27:04 AM »
yeah I even saw a few Deathtroopers at the 5.46 price point the last time I was there. I should have gotten them and the Phasmas, but was pressed for time.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 09:27:07 AM »
I'm hoping they make mostly new characters and figures. Or at least upgrade the re packs a little. Like the TBS ERG has a slightly better robe than TVC. I probably need to take advantage of the WM clearence. Still looking for scarif trooper.