Author Topic: How I store and display my loose collection...  (Read 27915 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: How I store and display my loose collection...
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2020, 07:22:20 AM »
Hey, that's interesting! Thanks for sharing your story! I assumed you were a fan and collector from the beginning on...man, I hope I'll have children half as nice as yours! They sure love their dad!

And I have no clue About paint variants. Didn't bother lol! Thanks for checking back in!

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2020, 12:10:05 AM »
Cool setup DM! Is that a Kotobukiya Obi-Wan there! Such an underrated piece
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2020, 05:01:21 AM »
Yes, I got 6 statues in 1/7 scale from Koto for 300€. Got 5 more which I sold again. At the moment I got about 8 statues. I can share pics of those if you’re interested. Your imperial command center stays the most impressive to me! Thanks for commenting.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2020, 05:05:58 AM »
Wanna see my turtle collection?

I‘m enjoying my Sunday doing a Star Wars day. With some requests in recent comments, I thought you’d like to see my collection of GAR vehicles...

Here’s my deployment of AT-TEs:

Side Note: sorry for the bad quality. My camera‘s objective doesn’t focus anymore...so I do all the pics with my smartphone atm.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2020, 06:32:06 AM »
Now this sight is so beautiful it brings a tear to my eye. Man that is some serous AT-AT action.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2020, 07:00:45 AM »
Thank you, Shawn! I didn’t expect to see this on the fp...

So essentially I got 7 bodies of the AT-TE:

- 3 are complete
- 1 is missing all missles (which I replaced already with resin casts)
- 1 is missing one front missle, the front part of the turret plus the turret’s missle
- 1 is missing all 6 feet, all 7 missles and the front part of the turret. This one is my top candidate to be repainted because it’s scratched the most, no stickers are applied and I got it for only 25€.
- 1 misses 5 legs and 4 feet plus all 7 missles plus the front part of the turret.

Lights and sounds work in all of them! I got my very first one new shipped from my aunt in NY. Got the other 6 used from 20-75€.

You can see how I restore them after the jump:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?PHPSESSID=7e26ffc75bfe4a13c394f740427dd144&topic=10178.msg200526#msg200526
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 07:29:58 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2020, 07:06:46 AM »
Now this is nice. I wish I had that many AT-TEs!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2020, 07:23:18 AM »
Remember the tabletop game which I invented rules for back in 2006? I’ve only mentioned that on here and how Hasbro might’ve stolen the idea from me, but took it in a way different direction.
Well, the reason why I got so many vehicles over the years is because of this tactical tabletop game. I don’t want to show off here by any means and this is for members of the forum only. I know there are bigger armies out there and collectors with 20 AT-TEs or so and that’s all fine.
I don’t buy every single tank I see out in the bay! But I’ve gotten a few also to customize most of them because they’re incomplete. I got the cheapest one for 5€ and the most “expensive” one for 25€ shipped.

The IFT-X is my favorite ground vehicle of the GAR. However I still think the ISP Swamp Speeder still looks best and is most to scale.
The Republic Fighter Tank is slightly underscaled, but if you lift it to make it “hover” it won’t look as bad anymore!

I got them all wrapped up in foil and please excuse me for not taking them all out. You can see what I’m going to do with them in the list here:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?PHPSESSID=7e26ffc75bfe4a13c394f740427dd144&topic=10165.msg197226#msg197226

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2020, 08:13:18 AM »
Over the years of collecting I think every one of us got at least one of those vehicles. And I connect a special memory to each of them. I couldn’t believe when I found two AT-APs at a Walmart on Long Island for $19.98 each back in 2008. During my time as an exchange student in 2010 I found my first two Swamp Speeders at another Walmart in Michigan for $24.88 each.

What are your special memories and stories of finding your Star Wars vehicles?

You can see my display diorama for the ISP in full detail by following this link:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?PHPSESSID=7e26ffc75bfe4a13c394f740427dd144&topic=10155.msg197152#msg197152

Offline Mos-Eisley-Customz

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2020, 08:34:55 AM »
WoW!!!! that is a massive army you are putting together there  8)  ..especially like the AT-TE's, congrats on a most impressive collection

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2020, 06:41:20 AM »
Wow, all those tanks. Nice. they will look good on the front page too.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2020, 12:10:10 PM »
I was introduced to Star Wars back in 1999. I traveled back in time last weekend and got out some stuff of the Separatist Army to recreate the Invasion of Naboo...

Comment:

I set up al the figures and vehicles like I would've played with them when I was 6 years old. At the end it reminded me of EA's latest Battlefront videogame.

When I edited the pictures I thought this could've also been a display behind a shop window back in 1999 or 2012. I was lucky enough that The Phantom Menace was shown in cinemas as 3D version making it the only Star Wars movie I watched in theater! By now I'm pretty sure that Disney and their new 3D release of the Skywalker SAGA was the reason why Hasbro had to put
The Vintage Collection on hiatus.
We saw some brilliant new toys and awesome sets in the Movie Heroes Line back in 2012. I also assume that some of the new figures & vehicles of the line were actually meant to be part of The Vintage Collection if it had continued longer. I think of the all-new Imperial Z-94 Speeder Bike with Biker Scout, the Ewok Battle Pack, the Naboo Starfighter or Rock Ollie. It was odd enough that we only saw a single wave of the Discover the Force Series. That's why I'm so thrilled to take a look at the book by Derryl DePriest dedicated to The Vintage Collection, which is supposed to finally ship in September 2020.

I think this setup also shows how long it takes to complete a single scene or even an army. An MTT wasn't available back in the day. Instead, you could get a Fambaa, but only at FAO Schwarz. I saw a couple Fambaas on ebay over the years for 100-150€. I didn't buy them at that price although I could well use one for my tabletop game.
Hasbro took the mold for the STAP from Kenner and use it ever since. The AAT and the Naboo Starfighter were great toys and oponents 20 years ago. We got Kaadus and a Gungan Battle Wagon. The lineup for TPM and POTJ provided great figures and army-builders to play massive battles. I still dream of a Droid Carrier and building one myself seems to be the only way to finally get one.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 02:39:53 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2020, 06:07:34 AM »
Looks to me like you could have the ultimage Seps vs. GAR battle. I can imagine all those AT-TEs taking on your droid army.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2020, 03:45:20 AM »
I'm having some fun with the latest additions to my collection...

Don't even know what to do with all these Jawas!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 03:47:21 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2020, 02:24:37 AM »
Nice pick ups. Now that is a lot of Jawas!