Imperial Review > Action Figures

Imperial AT-ST Walker with Driver - 3 3/4" TBS Phase III (Walmart Exclusive)

<< < (2/4) > >>

mr.Jedi1977:
 I was planning on picking this up either way ! I missed out on the vintage collection  and refuse to pay scalper prices ! What a great review and thanks for doing this !

Darth More:

--- Quote from: Tamer on February 04, 2017, 07:51:59 AM ---
--- Quote from: legion078 on February 04, 2017, 01:06:59 AM ---@ Tamer:  Are you also going to review your AT-ST?

--- End quote ---

Doesn't look like I need to after that thorough review. I love all the reference material and links you used, especially that comparison images below. Hey, would you do me a favor and include in your review a picture of the rotating leg joint to see if they beefed it up? I keep hearing they did, but haven't opened mine and can't confirm it.

I do plan not only putting this on the front page as a news item, but we also have a review section (way outdated now) that I need to update. You keep reviewing and I will keep adding em.

Thanks for doing this.

--- End quote ---

Thanks a lot Shawn! I took some pictures of the joints on both sides and added them to the review. Here is what I wrote:

Fixed leg joints:

right:

left:

Hasbro have indeed fixed the fragile leg joints of their previous Endor version which was a Kmart exclusive (see images below). So the AT-ST does stand up (quite) well. But if you play with the AT-ST and rotate the joints a lot I guarantee you the material will suffer and the joints will wear out. Every material wears out sooner or later depending on how and how much you use it. But since Hasbro always emphasizes that their products are TOYS in the first place, it should not be as fragile as the joints of the AT-ST are...what do you think?

If you got one of these Scout Walkers with broken joints, Clonehead shows you how to fix them here:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=7560.msg129549#msg129549

Darth More:

--- Quote from: mr.Jedi1977 on February 04, 2017, 03:34:27 PM --- I was planning on picking this up either way ! I missed out on the vintage collection  and refuse to pay scalper prices ! What a great review and thanks for doing this !

--- End quote ---

Thanks mr.Jedi1977! I like to hear that! I agree with you with the scalper prices! The time since 2008 has been crazy and Hasbro must react to the demand of their customers...right now they do not which is why I stop collecting now. Ironically their sales have reached a new record in 2016. Seems the hype about TFA unleashed enough purchasing power (of children and their parents) to buy all this...alternative products. I mean 5 POA are great if you are a fan of it. Some feel like in the good old days of the original Kenner Vintage era, but I started collecting in 2005 and stick to the super articulated series.

- Philipp

Tamer:
Excellent. Great proof those fragile leg joints are a little better now. Thanks Legion078!

FialaFernbrugg:
wow
That is a very detailed review. Thank you for all the information about this great vehicle.
My favorite version is the Hoth repaint.
Excellent work.

-Christoph

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version