Author Topic: Custom Hera Syndulla  (Read 7243 times)

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
Re: Custom Hera Syndulla
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2017, 01:26:17 PM »
Your hera turned out great. I did one myself a while back but i like how you added the peg and hole so that the blaster would fit. Also the leash straps.
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline Finley002

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2017, 02:00:04 PM »
Your hera turned out great. I did one myself a while back but i like how you added the peg and hole so that the blaster would fit. Also the leash straps.

Thank you AjuntaPall. Appreciate the compliment 😄

Offline Finley002

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2017, 02:55:24 PM »
   Hey everybody, Just thought that I would do a follow-up post regarding the laser printed decal option for face customization... As mentioned before, it's a delicate process (decal paper can be easily torn while re-positioning). But now that I've gotten the hang of it, it will definitely be my primary method of customizing faces. And I would recommend this method to others like me who don't have the steadiest of hands and just can't place the iris dead center or get the two eyes to match :/  Just be sure to apply a nice coat of clear-coat over the decals if you "play" with your toys with your kids or you frequently toss them into a bin, because the decals WILL rub off easily if left unprotected :(   

Offline Finley002

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2017, 02:56:41 PM »
More pics...

Offline Finley002

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2017, 02:58:02 PM »
Some more...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 03:01:02 PM by Finley002 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2017, 02:55:16 AM »
Wow that Jyn looks fantastic. That Ahsoka looks really good to me too. So cool to have other options. Off to share your update.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2017, 03:49:18 AM »
Agree with Tamer: great looking Jyn and Ahsoka! :thumbsup:

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2017, 10:34:06 AM »
Okay guys, progress update:

Didn't want to waste 65 cents on just one set of experimental eyes, so I whipped up some other eyes for a handful of other figures. I seems that the laser printer at Kinkos did a pretty decent job of it. Can't really tell (until I get it home and under a florecent light) but it looks like it actually printed in white for the inside and "shine" of the eyes. I just assumed that it would leave those spaces "clear" and that I would have to pre-paint the eye-whites in place before placing the decals. We'll see, I might still have to...
   I eyeballed the scale (see what I did there?) so these might still be a tad too large (fingers crossed). And because this was such a quick project with no real planning, I didn't really consider plastic skin tone vs. decal skintone. So some of these might very well make some 4" raccoons. I'm sure some thin layers of well placed paint could remedy the issue (hope). I'll be sure to follow up with the failures, and possible successes when I have results.

I like this technique.
I don't stink at painting eyes, but it's freaking nerve racking. 
I never thought of using Kinko's.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2017, 02:22:34 AM »
I could see you offering these up for sale here and getting some takers.

Offline Finley002

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2017, 11:24:08 AM »
  Thanks for the compliments Tamer :)  But I don't think I could except any money from any of you guys. Especially considering how much joy I've garnered from this site and its members. If anything I'll fill an entire page with labeled eyes/eyebrows, maybe in multiples of four or six (in case of F-ups...) and post the hi-res image on an all new post so anyone interested could just grab the image from the site and just run it off to a printer.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2017, 02:02:55 AM »
Now that is one of the best ideas I have heard in awhile. Thank you for offering this to the Yarders!

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2017, 03:25:42 AM »
  Thanks for the compliments Tamer :)  But I don't think I could except any money from any of you guys. Especially considering how much joy I've garnered from this site and its members. If anything I'll fill an entire page with labeled eyes/eyebrows, maybe in multiples of four or six (in case of F-ups...) and post the hi-res image on an all new post so anyone interested could just grab the image from the site and just run it off to a printer.
🤓👍🏼

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2017, 09:16:10 AM »
Looks realistic, a different technique from painting face details