Author Topic: Griffen's Customs  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Griffen97

• Cadet
  • May the Force be with you.
Griffen's Customs
« on: December 19, 2016, 02:41:57 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm Griffen and I've been a viewer of the Yards for a few months now. I've seen alot of awesome customs here and have been wanting to learn myself and make custom figures for a long time. Here is my first custom. Compared to what I've seen, this isn't much of a custom; it's just a headswap and some accessories from other figures. I want to figure out how to paint figures to make it look even better but I still like it.

It always bothered me that Hasbro never made a female Rebel soldier figure, they appear in EA's Star Wars Battlefront and even as the Rebel Marksman class in the original first two games. So I made one myself. I don't have many spare parts so I used what I had. I used Rey's head from TFA 5Poa figure and put it on the Black Series Toryn Farr's body. The coat is from the Black Series Endor Han Solo, the helmet is from an Endor Rebel Soldier, and the backpack is from a Phantom Menace Anakin Skywalker. The green 'belt' is just a plastic bread tie to keep the coat from revealing the body because Hoth gear looks weird with an Endor Themed soldier. I plan on repainting it once I learn what supplies and techniques I should use, but for I think the figure looks okay. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!!

Front

Side/Back

Without the helmet

Without the 'belt'

Ready for battle!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Griffen's Customs
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 02:51:42 PM »
Welcome to the Shipyards and thanks for sharing your custom! I really like the idea of female Rebels! (still need to watch Rogue One...) I am also a big fan of Star Wars Battlefront (II) myself! Your figure tunred out really well!
Big thumbs up! I use acrylic colors and shades by Games Workshop's Citadel. But you can also mix just a little bit acrylic paint with water to get a nice wash! :)

Offline Griffen97

• Cadet
  • May the Force be with you.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 02:56:09 PM »
Welcome to the Shipyards and thanks for sharing your custom! I really like the idea of female Rebels! I am also a big fan of Star Wars Battlefront (II) myself! Your figure tunred out really well!
Big thumbs up! I use acrylic colors and shades by Games Workshop's Citadel. But you can also mix just a little bit acrylic paint with water to get a nice wash! :)

Glad you like it, for the colors I'm thinking of making the boots a darker shade of brown, the pants black, and the shirt greyish brown to match the other Endor Soldiers.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 03:10:01 AM »
First off welcome to the Yards!

Nice customs. You can find more comments on the front pages.

Offline Forceflow

• Ensign
  • Droid, please!
    • Forceflow's Special Modifications
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 01:52:53 PM »
Agreed, always need more female characters (even if EU only). Nicely done, and welcome!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 03:02:21 AM »
Welcome aboard.
Your female Rebel soldier turned out very well.
Excellent work.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 07:08:22 PM »
Welcome to the 'yards! Really nice soldier; I like the concept and the execution looks great!