Author Topic: Darth More's Customs: Ugnaught Smith  (Read 49095 times)

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
Re: Darth More's Customs: Darth Sion - Knights of the Old Republic II
« Reply #195 on: November 14, 2020, 01:33:59 AM »
I think Mola Ram is a very good figure for the second version of Darth Sion.
The hight difference should not be a problem because of the boots.
I'm really looking forward to see more work in progress pics and of course the finished figure.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Darth More's Customs: Darth Sion - Knights of the Old Republic II
« Reply #196 on: November 12, 2021, 03:10:12 AM »
Aude: Thank you so much, Aude! I usually reply to comments a decade later. I somehow lost track when I played KotOR II for the first time. So unfortunately I didn't find/achieve the 1-hit lightsaber...as soon as I find some time, I'll give it another try. Yesterday, I finally found time to paint some figures. That happens about once a year. Thanks for tuning in! I'll finish my second version of Sion, soon!

FialaFernbrugg: Thank you, Christoph! I don't even know the names of the Indy characters. I'm glad that the second kit-bashed figure is taller. Darth Sion appears to be tall in the game as well. The upcoming projects will feature some Sith, Republic Commandos, Mandos and CIS units. Thanks for your continued support, mate!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 04:22:10 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Re: Darth More's Customs: Darth Vader (Concept)
« Reply #197 on: November 12, 2021, 03:19:02 AM »
Got this custom figure Darth Vader from another customizer on eBay. I asked him twice, but he doesn't want to get in touch with other collectors or be mentioned for his work. Instead, he wants to make a cut with the hobby and move on and I respect that.

So this custom figure in particular reminds me of Darth Vader and when I took a silent minute to look at him, the question came up: What if George Lucas left out the burning part?
I think the headsculpt used is an image of Vader eaten up by pain and suffering. If he didn't burn alive on Mustafar, that's how he could've looked like. What do you think?

Star Wars: Order 66 Sad Music Mix | I'm So Sorry & Anakin's Betrayal
Love the artwork for this one. Music provided by Samuel Kim Music on YouTube.

"You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you."
  -- Obi-Wan Kenobi

We all make mistakes. Don't we all deserve a second chance?

Update: So thankfully Ghostskull18 gave me the right hint that this figure is NOT a custom, but a regular Comic Pack release from 2007. And I really thought I'd know all modern Star Wars figures. Well, double the pride, twice the fall. The paint stains on his hair and cape made me suppose it's a custom. The cape on this figure in particular reminds me of Batman. Sometimes he's the hero, sometimes the villain.

This figure was part of a lot of 5, which I found on ebay for less than 27€. It also included a Magna Guard, which I repainted and shared here.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 11:44:16 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #198 on: November 12, 2021, 03:44:23 AM »
Doesn't want it to be shared? Dude, not even to drum up some more business for him? We would be glad to share word, but will respect his wishes.

So I take it he is still missing his appendages, just didn't burn? I like the idea. Definitely how I would envision him if this happened.

I also take it he wouldn't have a helmet? Or need a rebreather? Wonder if he would about half look like some of the takes we have seen of Cyborg Maul.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 03:46:04 AM by Tamer »

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #199 on: November 12, 2021, 11:13:48 PM »
Awesome customs, but on the vader do you know what was customized? It looks like its the comic pack version missing the helmet

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #200 on: November 13, 2021, 04:38:19 AM »
Tamer: Yes, he seems to be done with the hobby. If I understood correctly, he collected since the POTF line and sold lots of figures and fodder on eBay for almost 2 years straight. So he must've had a couple thousand figures, many of which were customized.
But you can still share the custom figure, which I'm going to share next.

He doesn't do commissions and didn't want to spend any more time chatting about Star Wars.
Don't know what happened. However he did offer me to talk on phone after I kept asking where he came from regarding his collecting and customizing history.

ghostskull18: Wow, thanks for asking! You saved me from putting myself to shame on Instagram! I didn't know this figure before, so I supposed it was a custom. Thought the head and legs were from a different line. Guess I should've checked the archive of JediBusiness before...guess he was part of the TSC/TAC Comic Packs? If he didn't have ball-jointed ellbows, I'd guess he was released in the POTF line...

Man, I thought I had seen all figures of the Star Wars line already. I'm sure you'll like the next figure of him, which is definitely a custom.

Again, thank you so much for making me aware of this. That was embarrassing, but this Vader is still worth sharing. I really like the alternate design of our favorite villain!

Here's the link to the review of this Comic Pack figure on rebelscum:
http://rebelscum.com/TACcomicpacks09.asp

Picture by Dan Curto

- Philipp
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 05:03:08 AM by Darth More »

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
Re: Darth More's Customs: Darth Nihl (Darth Nihl's Galactic Empire)
« Reply #201 on: November 13, 2021, 09:11:11 AM »
No problem! Glad i could help!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Darth More's Customs: Darth Nihl (Darth Nihl's Galactic Empire)
« Reply #202 on: November 14, 2021, 04:59:01 AM »
Well I will respect his privacy and not share his stuff. I can understand wanting to just be left alone sometimes.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Re: Darth More's Customs: Darth Nihl (Darth Krayt's Galactic Empire)
« Reply #203 on: November 20, 2021, 08:32:04 AM »
Darth Nihl
Darth Krayt's Galactic Empire

"We will disperse into the galaxy in small numbers, masking ourselves, hiding amidst the enemy. We will infiltrate governments on every planet. All must be brought down for something new to be created. Together or alone, we will slip onto worlds and strike from the shadows. We will be invisible. We will be patient. All that exists will be torn apart from within. Darth Krayt's vision of the galaxy remade will be realized. He lives in us. The Sith will prevail."
    -- Darth Nihl

I do not own this image. Source: AminoApps

Darth Nihl was a Nagai male Sith Lord serving in Darth Krayt's Galactic Empire during the Sith–Imperial War and the Second Imperial Civil War. A former Nagai warlord, Nihl had been recruited into the One Sith by Darth Krayt, and was initially made into his Fist, or military leader. However, this changed when Krayt's Hand, or enforcer, died, and Nihl was promoted to the position in 130 ABY as a result. One of Nihl's first missions was leading the assault on the Jedi Praxeum at Ossus, in which he killed Jedi Master Kol Skywalker and mortally wounded the Zabrak Master Wolf Sazen. Nihl returned to Coruscant and participated in Krayt's ascension to Galactic Emperor, in which the former Emperor of the Fel Empire, Roan Fel, was thought to be slain, although he actually survived.
Source: Wookieepedia

Details:

Story:

After I had bought some custom fodder from this seller on ebay, I kept an eye on his following auctions. I estimate he sold about 1,500 figures in the bay and this custom figure was one of them. It came with 4 other figures and a couple accessories. The winning bid was at 43€ so I paid less than 9 bucks for this amazing custom. My maximum bid was more than double of that because I really wanted to have this incredible figure in my collection. Luckily for me, people don't want to spend so much on customs here in Germany. Bids reach much higher amounts in the U.S. - and that's good for all creative fans out there! Hasbro's release of Darth Nihl goes for well over 100€ here in Germany by now. And I wish I had bought the 4 Comic Packs back then when they were on sale at Entertainment Earth for $69.99 (see image below)...these Comic Packs are some of the rarest & most expensive today with Jarael, Deliah Blue and the two Mandos...anyhew what I absolutely admire about this custom is the thin fabrics used for the costume. Also the details on his skin are applied very professionally. I suppose it's a PU or pleather material - very thin with a nice texture to it. I'm happy and proud to have a very special version of Darth Nihl in my collection, now. Thank you, Thomas. Your talent is very impressive and inspiring!

« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 12:08:13 PM by Darth More »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #204 on: November 20, 2021, 06:46:12 PM »
Great figures mate and I especially like the concept Vader.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2021, 07:38:28 AM »
That Nihl is great. I have got to go share that.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #206 on: November 21, 2021, 01:59:30 PM »
Those figure comic packs were some or the best. SO REGRET not getting Montross and Mereel. Those are going for over $500 now. Love the custom work and your various repaints (especially of vehicles) you have done lately.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #207 on: December 27, 2021, 04:40:30 PM »
Thanks for sharing these figures Philipp. I loved the comic packs as a way to concept figures and more obscure (but really cool) figures made. I'm glad I was able to purchase them at the time:) I guess I've been around this hobby a long time. The custom Nihl is well executed.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #208 on: January 07, 2022, 04:41:04 AM »
hemble: Thank you so much for your comment, Ron! The concept Vader is one nice figure, I hadn't known about before. So glad to  have him in my collection now even though he's not complete. Maybe I find some time to draw some concepts. I could also cast a few things, again. If only...

Tamer: Thank you so much for sharing it! I also really enjoy the recent customs of the LEGACY comics by CloneTroopr!

RC-1136: OH YESSS!! Prices for those figures are beyond abysmal. I so hope Hasbro will eventually give us some of those Comic Pack figures in The Vintage Collection. Some would still stand up to today's standards like Montross and Mereel, but others like Darth Talon deserve an update. Thanks for the thumbs-up on my vehicles!  0/

Starchaser: Yeah, these were crazy times back in 2006-2010 - I mean sky was the limit for Hasbro even when it came to the most obscure characters. I so hope that we'll see more EU/LEGENDS characters in 3.75" format again.
Thank you for the nice words! I'll add some pics of his lightsaber, soon.

And I'm sure you'll love the custom Darth Nihl that CloneTroopr just shared:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=7528.msg227707#msg227707

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Re: Darth More's Customs: Ugnaught Smith
« Reply #209 on: September 10, 2022, 01:24:50 PM »
Ugnaught Smith

It's been raining here for the past couple days and I'm thankful for every raindrop. Perfect weather for some customizing! And while the paint is drying on my latest projects, I thought I'd share some pictures of a custom I made a while ago.

This is just a simple repaint of the Ugnaught from The Legacy Collection.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 01:30:07 PM by Darth More »