Author Topic: Star Wars: The Battlefront Project - Pandemic BF I & II - EA/DICE BF I & II  (Read 18311 times)

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
Re: Star Wars: The Battlefront Project - Pandemic BF I & II - EA/DICE BF I & II
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2021, 06:41:32 AM »
Sorry for my late comment.
Your Magna Guard turned out great my friend. You are really the expert for metallic paint jobs.
The weathering and chipping looks very realistic.
The same goes for the Kal Skirata custom figure. The shiny gold coating looks amazing.
I can't wait to see more of your figures.
Excellent work.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2021, 07:50:47 AM »
I'm a big fan of the Magna Guards and you did an excellent job on them.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2021, 11:40:39 AM »
A vast improvement on the droideka and magna guards! Great job.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2021, 04:49:54 PM »
Nice update. I like the dark magna-droid a lot, he's brilliant. Kal Skirata turned out well too - love the hat.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
@Tamer: Thank you very much! I really need to get back to business. It's been a good and busy time since December and I haven't really thought about the hobby recently because if I do I only get more ideas. Instead, I want to realize the ones that I already have. Next up to share is probably the Ugnaught. Pictures were taken back in January, but I still need to edit them...

@Clonehead: Thanks for asking and sorry that it took me forever to reply. Fabian actually dry-brushed the armor of Kal Skirata several times until it looked similar to the reference material. So no spray needed ;) Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment on the Magna Guard as well!

@FialaFernbrugg: Thanks so much my friend! It was good talking to you yesterday! Really reminded me of how much I need to catch up on here. Thanks for the compliment! I wouldn't consider myself an expert though, I'm still learning and happy with the results I got so far. Fabian did achieve a great effect with multiple layers of dry-brushing, so that was a different approach than mine. I might go back to re-work the Magna Guard before I paint a TVC version. So hope Hasbro will re-issue the Magna Guard in The Vintage Collection, again.

@Moronarama: Thank you so much for your comment! :D

@JDeck: Thank you, mate!

@Starchaser: Thank you, Sir! I still need to finish the other customs and hope to meet Fabian soon, again to paint Skirata's face - we actually modified a head of an Indiana Jones figure for that.

Thank you soooo much for all your comments! It does mean a lot to me and keeps me going!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2022, 12:42:32 PM »
The CIS fun continues. Thought you might like a wip pic:

I removed the shade that was applied to the VC78 B1 Battle Droid. It now matches the head that wasn't shaded in the factory for some odd reason.
The Super Battle Droid is used as well and came with some scratches already. The paint remover solves the surface of the plastic, too. So I decided to sand it.
It's a test run for the Droideka. Both will be fun and join the Imperial Army. I hope you'll like them. And before I repaint a Crab Droid, I thought I give a Tri Droid a try.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2022, 02:56:50 AM »
Looks like you are having some paint fun.

Off to share.