Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Figures

Restoring Star Wars Action Figures: Neimoidian Commander - Revenge of the Sith

(1/20) > >>

Darth More:
In this topic I show you how I complete action figures, that are missing parts, with either original or custom resin parts. 

List of Contents:

Page 1:

- Galactic Marines - 21st Star Corps: Completing  - First entry (Reply #0)

- Completing Action Figures with Original Parts (by chance) - Reply #2

- Hasbro's Customer Service: Broken parts & missing accessories - Reply #6 - #8

- "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!" - Leg swap - Reply #9

- Fodder: A Star Wars Action Figure Bundle - Reply #13

Page 2:

- When Plastic Turns into Rubber: Taking Apart Action Figures - Reply #21

Page 3:

- It's time for some sewing: VC120 Rebel Soldier (Hoth) - Reply #30

- What you can find at your local tailor's  - even for free if you kindly ask... - Reply #38

Some years ago there was an Asian seller on eBay who sold 5 Galactic Marines from Hasbro's 30th Anniversary Collection for just $9.99 (and free shipping!!) You might know who I mean.
(I don't want to say "back in the good old days, when everything was so much cheaper...")
The only bad thing about this was what the figures came without the helmet, backpack and blaster!

They actually came like this:

So I thought restoring them would pay off and fun to do when I only paid $2 for each figure.

This is how I made it:

1. Making a mold of the original part.
2. Casting/Pouring resin into the mold.
3. Spray-painting a primer (black) onto the parts
4. Painting the parts in similar/identical colors
I use the acrylic colors from CITADEL by Games Workshop and I can recommend them to you!

Detailed front view: Painted custom helmet

Detailed view from the back: Painted and weathered cutsom backpack

Comparsion (front): Original figure (left); Custom figure (right)

Comparsion (back): Original figure (left); Custom figure (right)

JDeck:
  Your resin parts look great!  I'd really like to know how this process is done, there's sertain parts I can never have enough of. I understand it takes a lot of money and hard work to do it right.

Darth More:
Thanks again JDeck! Yes, you will get an idea of how to make your own parts by following this thread  ;)

A couple months ago I got a second lose TBS Galen Marek figure from eBay. The second figure was missing some parts. Fortunately Hasbro was so kind to include some extra accessories with this figure! So before I purchased the incomplete figure I made sure that I could complete it with the original accessries. Now, I got both versions next to each other. For the one on the left I paid 10€/$11 and for the second lose one just 6€/$6.60.
I was just lucky here, but I think it's still worth sharing...

FialaFernbrugg:
Your resin parts are fantastic as well as the paint job and the weathering of the parts.
Excellent work.

Tamer:
Very nice tutorial. Let me go share this one too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version