Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Vehicles

Re: Restoration of Star Wars Vehicles: completing AT-TEs with original parts

(1/8) > >>

Darth More:
Welcome to my thread! On this topic I show you how I restore incomplete or damaged Star Wars vehicles by Hasbro.

List of Contents:

Page 1:

- Republic Gunship: Missing Missles - Resin Cast
- AT-TE: Turret Missle - Resin Cast - Reply #2

- Removing stains and color scratches from your vehicles - Reply # 11
- Removing paint and acrylic colors from your vehicles - Reply # 11

Page 2:

- AT-TE (Restoration of all Missles) - Reply #15

Upcoming Projects for 2017:

- TCW Rebublic Fighter Tank
- TCW Corporate Alliance Tank Droid - Resin Cast Antenna
- TVC Y-Wing - Resin Cast (That's gonna be a tough one!)

Hi guys,

in 2014 I started working with resin. My big role model for this project is Clonehead! I have always been amazed by the quality of his custom resin parts! So a big thanks goes to Clint here! He made one BARC Trooper helmet for me a few years ago and it is brilliant!
With this helmet Christoph (FialaFernbrugg) made one of his legendary Clone Assassins for me. I will post a picture of his custom in my custom figure thread later on...

But since shipping from Kansas to Germany is more expensive than Clint's awesome resin parts themselves I decided to try it myself. So I invested a lot of money and time into this project.
The "custom resin part" project is actually the biggest one I ever started. As mentioned before over two years have passed since then. I had some projects in commission and am still working on one 1/6 scale project that still needs to be finished...

One of my other works in commision is this here: the Republic Gunship

Some friends asked me if I knew how to find replacements for their beloved vehicles and ships.
Back then I had some original parts from big lots from eBay, but of course not every part they needed. You probably know this problem. You buy a used item from eBay and the missles are missing. Your ship/vehicle is not complete! You probably got it cheaper for that exact reason.
And casting the missing parts needs quite some expensive materials and skills, but the result definitely pays off! Back in the days of childhood those parts were always the things that got lost first...

I know technology goes more and more in the direction of CAD/CAM systems and 3D printing, but for now I decided to go with casting resin parts. Maybe in 5-10 years I will also own a 3D printer (We all will!)

So a Republic Gunship from a friend of mine was missing one front missle and the one in the back. I made a silicon mold of the original one and poured resin into that mold.
I then painted the parts in grey (with acrylic Citadel Colors).

In the picture below you can see (from bottom up):
Original missle, casted resin missle, painted custom missles

Unfortunately, I didn't catch the exact shade of grey, but the grey fits both Gunships (SAGA/ROTS)

Tamer:
Is that one of your parts? Looks great.

I would love to see how you did this! I will try to make you famous!

Darth More:
Thanks Shawn! Yes, these parts are two of mine and you will see lots more!
I took quite some time (and money!) to get into this topic, but after some time of experiments and development I finally got where I am: great quality custom resin parts  0/ DH

My second project (after many requests) were the missles of the AT-TE:

Now, I finally found the perfect color to paint the replacement parts for the AT-TE:

It's color 27003 "Polished Steel" by humbrol. It's an Enamel color, quite liquid, but still very opaque!

I still use brushes for all paintings. At the moment I am saving money for an Airbrush System thoguh.

I am quite contended with the result...looks like the original part. What do you think?

Tamer:
Do you offer these for sale? They look great!

Darth More:
Yes, I actually do offer them for sale! So if you need some parts to complete your vehicles and ships, just message me and I will see what I can do :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version