Author Topic: Custom Black Series SF TIE with loads of lights!  (Read 2057 times)

Offline TheBoo

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Custom Black Series SF TIE with loads of lights!
« on: October 30, 2016, 02:41:33 PM »
Hey all!
Well I finished another one. Stripped down a Black Series Special Forces TIE (The big Boy!), primed, metalized, painted the whole shebang.  Then ran over 100 lights, including an adjustable blinking set.  Then detail painted it.  I'll make another pass at it in a few days after I've had some time away from it. Really happy with the way it came out, but I have no where to put it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Custom Black Series SF TIE with loads of lights!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 03:05:52 AM »
Wow, not this is fantastic! I can't even imagine how long this took. And you are correct, that is one huge ship. You have sure created something fantastic though!  Off to share.

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 04:08:26 AM »
Very cool!  I'm impressed.  One of these days I'll have to try to learn how to rig lights like this.

Offline TheBoo

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 05:32:12 AM »
Very cool!  I'm impressed.  One of these days I'll have to try to learn how to rig lights like this.

It's way easier than it looks. They key to it, and one I find not a lot of people do, is using a resistance calculator to solder in the correct resistor in-line so that the lights run on the correct voltage.
On this TIE, most of the lights can run on 3.0-3.2v. By using the right resistor, I can run the whole thing on 2x 9v batteries in parallel setup, and the lights won't be under or over run, and the packs last forever.  Some people will just hook up lights that are sorta close, but the lights can either be too dim, or too bright and will burn out sooner.

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 08:01:44 AM »
Now that is some Fantastic Work! Amazed with the attention to detail, especially inside the ship!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 10:32:28 AM »
WOW
The lights and all the details inside the cockpit are amazing.
Excellent work!