Author Topic: Rebel Cargo Carrier - scratch build - 25/12/2022  (Read 40963 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Repaint: NR-N99 Persuader Class Tank Droid - Version 2 - 14/04/2020
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2020, 03:42:22 PM »
FialaFernbrugg: Thank you, Sir! Thanks for your advice, too! The inside edges will be painted as you wish - I admit I hurried a bit at the end because I wanted to get it done. The next version is already in the works for some more paint variation >:D

Tamer: Hey, that's great news! Thanks for letting me know - I didn't see that coming. I so need to watch the latest Episodes of the final Season. Hope they'll finish some more arcs though - this can't be the end of the show as a whole...can it?

Miichico: Thanks so much for checking in! Your Feedback means a lot! I mean you haven't posted on here in 5 years - so to me that's some special return of yours! Yes, I tried my best to capture the design as seen on Kashyyyk in ROTS this time. When I take it apart next time, I'll also paint the inside - FialaFernbrugg gave this advice to me. I wanted to get it done and might've hurried a bit in the final steps - I admit :D

Thanks for your feedback guys! It really means a lot to me & makes all the work of sharing my stuff worth the effort!

- Philipp

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2020, 03:48:57 AM »
I really like the tank you made there, and the paintjob is great. Excellent work!
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2020, 01:25:23 AM »
Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it! I'm glad I finally got back to this vehicle to further improve it compared to the first Version, which I spontanously assigned to Geonosis (the sand just sticks to the curb chain since I made that setup with sand...). Thanks for checking back!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2020, 03:31:27 AM »
Excellent work there on that Tank Droid, Phillipp. Love the detailed description on how you went about repainting it, very thorough. The final result looks amazing, very realistic.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2020, 11:41:21 PM »
The paint apps and weathering are spot on mate well done indeed.

Ron

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2020, 01:24:42 PM »
Thank you so much for your Feedback Mr. Black & hemble! Just took a few more pics tonight with the weathered version by Jan, which I bought from him, next to Hasbro's original TCW release:

I'll also add some more paint on the inside of my second version of the NR-N99 Tank Droid and add the paints I used in my next and last update to this project. Thanks to FialaFernbrugg for the advice!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 01:27:54 PM by Darth More »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2020, 04:23:39 PM »
I like the set up in the cabinets - looks really good. Those tanks turned out really well and I like that they are not all the same.

Offline larifari

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2020, 03:30:30 AM »
Awesome paint job!! 0/

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2020, 04:36:29 AM »
Sorry for my late reply gentlemen. I’ve read your comments several times by now, but was lazy to login and hit my keyboard.

Starchaser: Thank you so much for returning to my topics and leaving your thoughts, mate! To me that’s what’s all about to share my slow progress on here. So I’m glad you guys have the endurance to follow my stuff! When I finished the second repaint, I decided to assign the first one to Geonosis. Part of the reason is that I also don’t really get rid of the sand the tank caught on a photo setup. lol I guess...
I prefer to use damaged vehicles for my custom projects. The damage to this one adds to the state the CIS was in towards the end of the Clone Wars. Different battles leave different scars. I might do a third version of the NR-N99 as I bought 4 more used ones to customize.
Again, thank you for all your nice words.

Larifari: Thanks a ton man! It’s quite an honor to hear that from a master of modification, adding articulation and detail.

- Philipp

Offline Mos-Eisley-Customz

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2020, 06:28:43 AM »
These look awesome buddy 👏 🔥🔥🔥🔥👍 good job ..what paint do you use for metal effect? Looks really good

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2020, 07:27:52 AM »
Looks nice. Had to get it on the front pages.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2020, 07:14:34 AM »
wow
You are really the NR-N99 expert here.
It is unbelievable how much better your custom Tank Droids look compared to the original Hasbro model.
Excellent work.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2021, 05:28:45 PM »
Mos-Eisley-Customz: Thank you so much, bud! Thanks for asking! I use paints by humbrol, Revell and Citadel. But in a recent video on YouTube I learned that vallejo's acrylic paints are considered the best metal paints:
Double-click for full screen view.

I showed how I painted the NR-N99 Tank Droid and my first Destroyer Droid using the dry-brush technique.

Tamer: Thank you for the fp!

FialaFernbrugg: Thanks bud! Yeah, didn't know anybody who repainted Hasbro's version completely before I did. There are a few cool versions of ERTL/AMT's model though. I'm glad you like them, I'm also quite pleased with how they turned out. Hasbro did a great job on the mold itself. The model got some great details which really come to life when dry-brushed. Don't know if I have a third one to customize. This vehicle has increased in value quite a bit since I got my last damaged one years ago. Always use incomplete or damaged vehicles for my customs. Might get them out for a picture all together. I think I have 3 unpainted ones, but one complete unit would be enough for me to keep. Man, it's so time to finally customize my first IFT-X...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 05:49:36 PM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Rebel Cargo Carrier - scratch build - 25/12/2022
« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2022, 12:43:20 PM »
Rebel Cargo Carrier*

The Rebel Troop Cart, also known as Rebel Troop Carrier or flight crew shuttle, was a repulsorlift vehicle used by the Alliance to carry troops into battle. Each transport could carry up to six human-sized individuals. In addition these vehicles were used for transporting personnel within Rebel bases.

During the evacuation of Echo Base in 3 ABY, Rebel transport ships were loaded using these troop carriers. A personnel carrier of this model brought the Rebel strike force to the captured Lambda-class T-4a shuttle Tydirium inside the main hangar of Home One, prior to the Battle of Endor.

"All troop carriers will assemble at the north entrance."
    -- Princess Leia Organa

Source: Wookieepedia.com
Follow the link below to find out more about this vehicle:
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Rebel_Troop_Cart/Legends

* I decided to call this vehicle Rebel Cargo Carrier instead of Rebel Troop Cart because it's much bigger and has no seats.

Ever since I got this model by Wizards of the Coast, I wanted to build it in 1/18 scale. The Rebels deserve some ground vehicles, too, don't you think? The model for the Miniatures game is in 1/54 scale and it's technically made by Hasbro. But I doubt that Hasbro will ever give this vehicle to us for The Vintage Collection. So I decided to make my own over the Christmas days.
First step is measuring the model and transfer all dimensions into 1/18 scale. I can already see the finished prototype in front of me. I decided to build my first one with cardboard before I use much more expensive polystyrene sheets.
Hopefully Hasbro will actually give us the Rebel Troop Cart mentioned above. I'm also going to build this smaller version, but for now I need a transport vehicle for Echo Base!
I hope you have fun following along my first scratch build of a Star Wars vehicle for 3.75" action figures!

Drawing the model:

I was playing with different cargo according to the estimated dimensions. And fortunately two of those Rebel personnel carriers will fit on this transporter.

This cannon is just a little too big, but I suppose it would be too heavy for such a vehicle anyways...so I stick to the measured dimensions.

The base plate is already cut and I cannot wait to build the other 4 parts!

Life is good when I can spend time on the hobby while watching The Empire Strikes Back with my brother.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 12:59:57 PM by Darth More »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Rebel Cargo Carrier - scratch build - 25/12/2022
« Reply #89 on: December 26, 2022, 02:01:49 AM »
This going to be really cool. It will be fun to watch your progress on this.