Author Topic: Rebel Cargo Carrier - scratch build - 25/12/2022  (Read 40942 times)

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Rebel Cargo Carrier - scratch build - 25/12/2022
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2022, 12:49:55 PM »
Thanks Starchaser! I'm absolutely hyped for this project and want to finish it as soon as possible. I got an aluminum profile plate at my local building supplies store today.
It was 17.29€ which is rather costly for what it is, but I've waited long enough to finally get one of those.
Dimensions are 50 x 25 cm for .7 mm aluminum. I might make a silicone mold of it for future projects...

I think it'll look good on the loading space.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 01:43:56 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2022, 12:13:58 PM »
Wow Phillip, I am off the interwebs a couple of days and see you have gotten started on a great project.

Just awesome! Off to share this on the front pages.

Offline binarysunset79

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2022, 04:49:28 PM »
Looks promising!
Bear in mind the one in the film has a driver's seat.

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2022, 01:57:15 AM »
binarysunset79: Thank you so much for the reminder. The model of WOTC by Hasbro from 2007 doesn't come with a seat - probably for cost cutting reasons. I'll add one anyways.

I also found some neat reference material on the STAR WARS website:

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-rebel-troop-carrier-from-echo-base-to-rancho-obi-wan

Cannot wait to start working on the Rebel Troop Transport, too!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2022, 08:08:12 AM »
Looking forward to seeing how you build it and what techniques and materials you use. Keep us posted.

Offline Raylen

• Lieutenant
    • Hole in the Ground Productions
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2023, 01:53:06 PM »

Ever since I got this model by Wizards of the Coast, I wanted to build it in 1/18 scale. The Rebels deserve some ground vehicles, too, don't you think? The model for the Miniatures game is in 1/54 scale and it's technically made by Hasbro. But I doubt that Hasbro will ever give this vehicle to us for The Vintage Collection. Hopefully Hasbro will actually give us the Rebel Troop Cart mentioned above. I'm also going to build this smaller version, but for now I need a transport vehicle for Echo Base!
I hope you have fun following along my first scratch build of a Star Wars vehicle for 3.75" action figures!

Nice work. Hasbro may not touch it but I've been making this kit (along with many many more) for almost 10 years now. Check out www.holeinthegroundpro.com/dioramas.html
Collector by choice. Customizer by necessity

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2023, 06:26:21 AM »
Looking forward to seeing how you build it and what techniques and materials you use. Keep us posted.

Thanks for following the progress on this project! I fell in love with cardboard while working on the first one. The inlet of a Class II vehicle of the SOTDS line had the perfect thickness of 1 mm.
I think it's from the packaging of a Swamp Speeder. So it's technically from Hasbro. Does that count?  ::)

The projects by hobbycreations have been a huge inspiratin for me! Check out his latest videos here on his YouTube channel.

Mapuzo, Imperial Troop Transport, from Obi-Wan Kenobi series
double-click for full-screen view

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2023, 06:30:41 AM »
Nice work. Hasbro may not touch it but I've been making this kit (along with many many more) for almost 10 years now. Check out www.holeinthegroundpro.com/dioramas.html

Thanks, Raylen! I am aware of your amazing projects! When I come to the U.S. next time, I will buy quite a few items from you. I'm a big fan of the designs you offer, it's just that shipping to Germany is quite expensive. For now I need a cargo transporter for my Rebel Troops. The Troop cart is on my list as well. Thanks for the reminder.

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2023, 06:50:25 PM »
Can't wait to see your finished project, so far it looks very promising.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2023, 12:24:44 PM »
Very impressive! I can't imagine working with anything cardboard after discovering polystyrene. How do you get it to behave and cut so well?
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.