Author Topic: Star Wars model kit news  (Read 9834 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: New Revell Star Wars kits.
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 10:17:15 AM »
I didn't know there were any Russian SW Manufactures of anything. Pretty awesome. Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: New Revell Star Wars kits.
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 12:46:12 PM »
I didn't know there were any Russian SW Manufactures of anything. Pretty awesome. Off to share.
    Yeah I know, it flew completely past my radar Zvezda is the last manufacturer I would guess to get a SW license. Zvezda is known for their 1/100 tank kits. That's kind of funny because ILM used a ton of 1/100 kits to make the details on the Star Destroyer. So Zvezda is making a kit, of a model made of Zvezda kits. The circle is now complete. They've been making some nice 1/35 kits more recently. Im excited about this kit, but I'm not excited about the price, or the shipping cost, but we'll see. The great thing is, now we have 3 manufacturers making SW kits, not including Dragon. That is great for consumers. Throughout history we've only had either MPC, AMT or Revell making Sw kits, and they are all basically the same company. Oh yeah we had Fine Molds, but they lost their licencing. Airfix used MPC/AMT molds, now they are owned by Zvezda, that explains a lot.

Here's a link to Zvezda Russia website, it is not listed on Zvezda-USA. http://www.zvezda.org.ru/catalog/star-wars/zvezdnyj-razrushitel
  5000 Rubles is about $77. USD.
  I've been looking at the instructions download. WOW. This is going to be awesome. Very detailed. Even the little claw thing inside of the docking bay is made of multiple parts. 77 bucks is looking like a good price, but the damn S&H though.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 06:54:37 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Star Wars model kit news
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2016, 03:48:52 PM »
Yeah Zvezda is known for the military kits which are actually very well done and their molds are very nice. I do like the destroyer but your right the price is a little over board to say the least.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 05:43:57 PM »
     I can justify the price, its a huge model, 60cm, with a good amount of detail, 105 parts. Thats a lot of plastic. The shipping is what gets me its almost as much as the kit. Even if you ship it via inflatable life raft it still costs more than half the kit's value. It must weigh a ton.  Honestly though I would have gotten it, had I not bought the Revell AT-AT, the other day.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 06:43:07 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2016, 08:14:47 AM »
Maybe we can get lucky and see a cheaper shipping price for amazon or something along those lines or perhaps BBTS will get it in.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 06:53:27 PM »
 There's a guy selling the Zvezda SD kits for $99. USD free shipping thats a good deal. However, its shipped without the box, with no description. I have to assume its sent in a shipper bag I would like the assurance it will arrive in good condition. There has to be a happy middle. There is a guy selling 118. USD with box, that's not terrible, I think I'll wait a while though.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 07:07:11 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2016, 03:48:08 AM »
Probably a good idea, I don't know how many much better SW Deals I could have gotten by waiting a month or two. I can remember back in the day being some impatient with the Target Lava Vader, I spent way more than I should have only to see it sell for way under the regular retail price every now and then today.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2016, 06:30:43 AM »
I had not expected to see Star Wars model kits from Zvezda. The quality of their 1/35 tank models is very good. The new 1/35 T-14 Armata looks also pretty good.
Here in Europe is most of the Zvezda stuff available on amazon. I hope the Star Destroyer is also available there.

Thanks for the information.

Offline LrdSatyr8

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2017, 06:02:52 AM »
I just finished building the Zvezda SD... came out looking soooooooooo sweet!  Here's how she looks...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2017, 06:09:48 AM »
Wow, now thats the way to introduce yourself. Welcome and off to share your first post on our main pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2017, 07:04:56 AM »
Very cool! And welcome. Did the kit come with the lighting or is it a separate kit? Did you have to drill the holes? Looks great. I still need to get this.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2017, 01:27:33 PM »
Welcome to the Yards LrdSatyr8! And thanks for sharing the pics of your Star Destroyer! It looks fantastic with all its details!

- Philipp

Offline LrdSatyr8

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2017, 06:01:36 AM »
Wow, now thats the way to introduce yourself. Welcome and off to share your first post on our main pages.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.  Figured I would start off with a bang for a change rather than lurk in the shadows!  I got alot of projects in the works so I'l make sure to share them with you all.  I could share my build log here if anyone was interested!

Quote from: JDeck
Very cool! And welcome. Did the kit come with the lighting or is it a separate kit? Did you have to drill the holes? Looks great. I still need to get this.

Yes... I drilled every single hole myself.  No lighting kit.  I just used 7 self flickering warm white LEDs for the engines then 8 cool white LEDs for the fibers.  I inserted over 1,568 feet of fiber optic cables in this puppy just to get the lights to look the way they do.  Took some time, but came out looking awesome in the end!

Quote from: legion078
Welcome to the Yards LrdSatyr8! And thanks for sharing the pics of your Star Destroyer! It looks fantastic with all its details!

Thank you so much!  Glad everyone enjoys my work!