Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 108495 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Rebels, pirates and imperials
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2016, 03:56:28 PM »
Your dark troopers turned out well. Nice paint job, I really like the addition of the paint stripes. Look forward to the final product on the probe droid.
Thanks Starchaser! The red i think is better than black on black on black. The probe droid im waiting for paint but im working on it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 04:53:47 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
An Imperial Probe Droid. Its a good bet the Empire knows we're here. Pt.2
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2016, 05:30:47 PM »
   I did a few things more to my probot. First i added some more eyes. Then i added some greebles, not too many just a few. Finally I re drilled some of those rivet holes, and made some extra ones with a tiny finger drill. I think thats all im going to do to it, other than sand it down and of course paint. 

Fun factoid. An Imperial  Probe droid was in ROTJ, during the Emperor's  arrival.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:03:04 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2016, 03:53:01 AM »
I meant to get this on the front page yesterday, but plum ran out of time getting ready for the Q and A Session with Hasbro.

It looks great. And off to share. I didn't know the PD was in ROTJ. You learn something new about SW every day!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2016, 05:59:24 AM »

It looks great. And off to share. I didn't know the PD was in ROTJ. You learn something new about SW every day!
Thanks Tamer! Yeah i had no idea the PD was in ROTJ either. Wookieepedia and star wars.com had it sighted in ROTJ. At first i thought lucas added a cgi probe droid drummer to the max rebo band or something like that. Lol. But no, it was there all along.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2016, 10:32:32 AM »
great work on the Probe droid love the extra detail you added  ! That is on my to do list and get it on a  card as well !

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2016, 12:10:15 AM »
Looking good so far. I really like the additional "eyes" -especially the variety that you included. Great work!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2016, 03:10:19 AM »
Excellent work.

Ron

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2016, 09:13:11 AM »
He looks great!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2016, 03:57:08 PM »
great work on the Probe droid love the extra detail you added  ! That is on my to do list and get it on a  card as well !
  Thanks jedi! Yeah a vintage cardback would be awesome. Big but awesome.
Looking good so far. I really like the additional "eyes" -especially the variety that you included. Great work!
Thanks Starchaser! I like my probot with many eyes. Its kind of like those mythological  creatures with hundreds of eyes that see everything.
Excellent work.

Ron
  Thanks Ron! Its coming along.
He looks great!
  Thanks Sjefke! Im just waiting for paint. Ups used to be really  fast now they leave the package at the hub for days.

Offline Alliance nerd

• Cadet
  • Scarlet Hark's boyfriend
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2016, 05:45:14 AM »
probe droid is going to be excellent.   it's funny but I don't think I even realized (before this) how inaccurate the POTF2 version of it was.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2016, 09:04:44 AM »
probe droid is going to be excellent.   it's funny but I don't think I even realized (before this) how inaccurate the POTF2 version of it was.
  Thanks! Yeah man i know exactly  what you  mean. Before i started i thought i would just get rid of the missile, sand it, and repaint. As  I was working i found out just how bad it was. If i were to do it again id make the antenna  retractable and add an LED light, for his spotlight. Its still a solid figure, just needs some adjustments.

Offline Alliance nerd

• Cadet
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2016, 05:59:29 AM »
how would accomplish a retractable antenna?  :o

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2016, 06:46:52 AM »
how would accomplish a retractable antenna?  :o
   The head is hollow, so you could drill a hole all the way through. If you get brass wire that just fits in the hole the friction from the .08" (or more) thick plastic should be enough to keep the antenna  up but would allow you to push them down too. Theoretically. Of course you might have the issue of  paint rub, the wire is light enough the hole wouldn't have to be real tight either. I dont know so thats why i left it alone. K.I.S.S keep it simple stupid, is my usual approach.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 07:29:04 AM by JDeck »

Offline Alliance nerd

• Cadet
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2016, 11:50:07 AM »
that's a lot of extra trouble IMO.  the custom looks great as-is, the antenna is good fixed in place.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
An Imperial Probe Droid. Its a good bet the Empire knows we're here.
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2016, 03:16:43 PM »
   I'd say my Imperial Probe Droid is done. I painted it with  Tamiya Black Rubber. I was going to paint it the same as the toy, but i like my probots dark almost black. I gave it some red accent marks, I couldnt find the orange right off, but i like the red. Then i gave the eyes a gloss black finish, and silver dry brush on the armor. Thats it. It was worth the extra time to make it a little better.  Didn't  cost much just a few pennies worth of materials and paint.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 06:39:46 PM by JDeck »