Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 108493 times)

Offline Alliance nerd

• Cadet
  • Scarlet Hark's boyfriend
Re: Rebels, pirates and imperials
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2016, 04:56:38 PM »
Thanks bud! Panno's Raiders was fun, i may expand on that series. I will have more pirates soon, just some of my  ideas didn't  work out. And yeah Phasma was way over hyped, hopefully she'll be  cooler in 8. She did survive ep.7, i read it in a book.
We're artists, we all have plenty of ideas that work out.  :)   I'd certainly enjoy seeing more folks in Panno's group.  A prequel alien would be interesting. 

I can't ever see enough custom expansions to the Rebellion forces but I'm guessing that's obvious.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2016, 07:12:28 PM »
Great job and update ! I agree the  sl 11 heads are the best and i have upgraded all my stormtroopers using that version !
   Thanks! Yeah those sl11 heads are in short supply now. I was able to get a legacy Stormtrooper MIB for $8.00, and I cant find a 5poa one for less than $15. I really  hope Hasbro turns out a ton of the r1 stormies, becase you can never have  too many stormtroopers. If you think you have enough, double it.
If i am not mistaken i think that same stormtrooper will be released in the rogue one line up , which makes sense to do since theres alot of stormtroopers in this movie ! Keep your eyes peeled for them!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2016, 04:46:10 AM »
Thanks bud! Panno's Raiders was fun, i may expand on that series. I will have more pirates soon, just some of my  ideas didn't  work out. And yeah Phasma was way over hyped, hopefully she'll be  cooler in 8. She did survive ep.7, i read it in a book.
We're artists, we all have plenty of ideas that work out.  :)   I'd certainly enjoy seeing more folks in Panno's group.  A prequel alien would be interesting. 

I can't ever see enough custom expansions to the Rebellion forces but I'm guessing that's obvious.
  Oh yeah, more ideas work than not, but sometimes it looks cooler in my mind than in actuality,  thats the way it is sometimes. Yeah, thats the best thing about rebel customs, the possibilities are endless. Different  uniforms, species, etc. I had some ideas for pirates using prequel species, rebels would be awesome too.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 06:33:07 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2016, 04:49:48 AM »
Great job and update ! I agree the  sl 11 heads are the best and i have upgraded all my stormtroopers using that version !
   Thanks! Yeah those sl11 heads are in short supply now. I was able to get a legacy Stormtrooper MIB for $8.00, and I cant find a 5poa one for less than $15. I really  hope Hasbro turns out a ton of the r1 stormies, becase you can never have  too many stormtroopers. If you think you have enough, double it.
If i am not mistaken i think that same stormtrooper will be released in the rogue one line up , which makes sense to do since theres alot of stormtroopers in this movie ! Keep your eyes peeled for them!
  Yeah,  they are making this stormtrooper,  with changable armor, normal, battle damaged and with pauldron. They are on pre order on ebay  for $11.50 +$4.50 s+h, that sucks. And there's a  2-pack with that guy that looks like Chumley.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 04:59:29 AM by JDeck »

Offline Alliance nerd

• Cadet
  • Scarlet Hark's boyfriend
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2016, 05:08:13 AM »
And there's a  2-pack with that guy that looks like Chumley.
hahahahaha!

the old man would approve

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Blood Shadow Troopers. Jump trooper and commander.
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2016, 02:18:26 PM »
  The Emperor had foreseen Vader killing him during a large battle. So the Emperor formed an elite group within the Crimson Guard known as the Blood Shadows. They were formed to destroy Vader's elite Stormtrooper corps in the event of a coup to overthrow the Empire. They were also the Emperor's enforcers, punishing villages who harbor rebel operatives. They not only murdered the inhabitants,  but destroyed the entire village, without leaving a trace of who was responsible . They were kept secret from Vader and the Imperial Senate. If the Imperial Senate knew the atrocities the blood shadows commited, there would be a unanimous removal of Palpatine.

The inspiration for  these guys was the Dark Troopers from Battlefront Renegade Squadron,  i was pretty beast with those guys. I gave one a jump pack. Another is just a commander.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 07:46:16 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Blood Shadow flame trooper and commando
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2016, 02:25:33 PM »
  Another i gave a flamethrower. The other a shadow commando with rocket launcher backpack.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 07:45:27 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Blood Shadow rocket trooper
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2016, 02:27:58 PM »
Another with a wrist rocket and cluster rocket launcher backpack.   I think they're  pretty cool, better than a bunch of yellow Stormtroopers.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 07:47:04 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2016, 03:04:50 AM »
Good looking squad. Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2016, 03:50:05 AM »
Great work.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2016, 05:05:44 PM »
Good looking squad. Off to share.

Great work.

Ron
  Thanks guys. Yeah they were just made of parts i had lying around, originally i wanted the flame trooper  to have a DS gunner helmet, but didnt work. Meh. It still looks cool.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
An Imperial Probe Droid. Its a good bet the Empire knows we're here.
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2016, 05:15:11 PM »
Last night i started working on the probe droid. The more work I did, the more things i realized really  needed to be changed. I started off by taking out the pop up gun, because it didnt allow the head to set right on the body. Then i covered over the missile stem hole and missile trigger, and made eyes with milliput. Then i replaced the antenna with brass wire and made the tops out of milliput. Its just a matter of sanding all the cast marks down and painting her up. I might add more eyes too, i like my probe droid to have lots of eyes looking in all directions. This wont be screen acurate anyway, some of the parts are dis proportionate. The bottom picture is the "before"
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 05:39:19 PM by JDeck »

Offline Forceflow

• Ensign
  • Droid, please!
    • Forceflow's Special Modifications
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2016, 06:24:47 PM »
Love the accent colors and backpacks on the stormies. Been meaning to fix up my old probe droid for a while... this seems to be just the trick.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2016, 11:48:23 PM »
Your dark troopers turned out well. Nice paint job, I really like the addition of the paint stripes. Look forward to the final product on the probe droid.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2016, 03:53:39 PM »
Love the accent colors and backpacks on the stormies. Been meaning to fix up my old probe droid for a while... this seems to be just the trick.
   Thanks Forceflow! The reason i put the stripes on the shoulders was i wanted to disguise the shoulder joints. Sometimes  in order to disguise something, you have to make it stand out. I think it worked.