Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 108505 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Major Panno's Raiders (1-3). Captain Ithano's motley crew. (3-...)
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2016, 07:31:18 PM »
    Kazure was Captain Ithano's Quartermaster. His duties included hiring hands, distributing pay amongst the men, and most importantly preventing mutiny. During the Galactic Civil War, Kazure was a weapons dealer in the seedy spaceports of Ord Mantell. He was a fair businessman, however he was known to pull the arms out the sockets of those who were foolish enough to cross him. Kazure knew all the scoundrels across the galaxy, as Ord Mantell was a safe haven for those looking to avoid any Imperial entanglements.

He is a combination concept Chewbacca body, + I-am-Boba-Fett's Arleil Shous head. Its a great sculpt, my painting didn't do it justice, but I like it much better than the Lak Sivrak/ Volif mon head. Its real sinister looking.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 07:41:42 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2016, 09:33:59 PM »
I like it; I like it a lot:)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2016, 02:53:20 AM »
Looks tough to me. Off to share.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2016, 05:34:33 PM »
I like this update to  ! Once i finish which seems to be my never ending project for the OTC carded collection i would like to start experimenting with Eu characters such as yours ! Great work my friend!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2016, 05:23:35 PM »
Looks tough to me. Off to share.
I like it; I like it a lot:)
I like this update to  ! Once i finish which seems to be my never ending project for the OTC carded collection i would like to start experimenting with Eu characters such as yours ! Great work my friend!

Thanks guys! Kazure is sort of a caricature of a guy I used to work for, many years ago. If you saw him you'd see the similarities. Lol. He was an unlicensed contractor, pirate, scoundrel, but a good guy to work for, as long as you did what you were supposed to do.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 05:53:35 PM by JDeck »

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2016, 08:27:42 AM »
Really liking your Kazure figure. Thank you very much for the shout out as to where you got that custom cast head that you used on Kazure. Keep up the good work.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2016, 10:06:43 AM »
Really liking your Kazure figure. Thank you very much for the shout out as to where you got that custom cast head that you used on Kazure. Keep up the good work.
  Thanks fett! I gotta gove credit where credit is due, you did the hard part.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Rebels, pirates and imperials
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2016, 10:15:13 AM »
   I bought a lot of stormtrooper  figures the other day,  however some of them were severely yellowed. Most de-yellowing techniques dont work great, so i just made them shadow stormtroopers. I simply spray painted them with Tamiya matte black., and added a few details. Ill customize them further, when i find a specific  purpose for them. Actually I have a few ideas already.
    Also i kitbashed a few SA stormtroopers with the sl11 heads. The SL11 heads  look much better to me. Also I like using the POTF2 blasters, they are more accurate as far as size than the newer ones, but i do like the TBS E-11 blaster with the folding stock, those are pretty cool.  The sl11s are becoming rare, so ill have to wait until the  new R1 stormtrooper  comes out to finish the rest. Bottom  picture shows 5poa SL11 (left), TAC Stormtrooper  (right), kitbash (center).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 11:31:57 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Rebels, pirates and imperials
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2016, 02:31:04 AM »
I agree with you on the saga legends head. Best stormy helmet made imo. Great fixes. Off to share.

Offline Alliance nerd

• Cadet
  • Scarlet Hark's boyfriend
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2016, 04:42:28 AM »
I love Panno's Raiders.  The concept of them is right in my wheelhouse and the results are excellent, what a phenomenal group of characters.  These warriors would fit perfectly with both the old EU and in the new canon, I love them. 

Offline Alliance nerd

• Cadet
  • Scarlet Hark's boyfriend
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2016, 04:53:06 AM »
also, two thumbs way up for expanding on Sidon Ithano's crew.  He's a new character that seems SO COOL he could potentially be the same level of epic as Cad Ban and Hondo Ohnaka. 

Yeah, Ithano is the new Boba Fett, not Phasma. Phasma is kind of incompetent. Ithano has a cool swagger, and mysteriousness.
I TOTALLY AGREE!  Phasma's nothing, even if she had actually been significant in the movie instead of all pre-release hype via merchandise, I still wouldn't care.  Clonetroopers were PEOPLE but stormtroopers are just minions, she just had chrome armor so she was a nifty shiny minion.  (Finn's defection made me care about him, it showed he was better than a minion.)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2016, 08:49:28 AM »
I agree with you on the saga legends head. Best stormy helmet made imo. Great fixes. Off to share.
Thanks Tamer! Hopefully  Hasbro is smart enough to make a stormtrooper army builder exclusive even if it is 5poa. That'll save me time and money  if they did that. I've been working on the shadow  stormtrooper squad, i guess ill wait until all 5 are done before i reveal them, but so far they're pretty cool.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 06:04:15 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2016, 08:52:42 AM »
I love Panno's Raiders.  The concept of them is right in my wheelhouse and the results are excellent, what a phenomenal group of characters.  These warriors would fit perfectly with both the old EU and in the new canon, I love them.
Thanks bud! Panno's Raiders was fun, i may expand on that series. I will have more pirates soon, just some of my  ideas didn't  work out. And yeah Phasma was way over hyped, hopefully she'll be  cooler in 8. She did survive ep.7, i read it in a book.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2016, 02:14:42 PM »
Great job and update ! I agree the  sl 11 heads are the best and i have upgraded all my stormtroopers using that version !

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2016, 04:39:16 PM »
Great job and update ! I agree the  sl 11 heads are the best and i have upgraded all my stormtroopers using that version !
   Thanks! Yeah those sl11 heads are in short supply now. I was able to get a legacy Stormtrooper MIB for $8.00, and I cant find a 5poa one for less than $15. I really  hope Hasbro turns out a ton of the r1 stormies, becase you can never have  too many stormtroopers. If you think you have enough, double it.