Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 108520 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Major Panno's Raiders.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 01:11:47 PM »
I so wish we had had characters like this in ROTJ. If they ever go back to redo some of the OT again (lets face it its inevitable) I would love to see more Alien Rebels just like you are doing. Off to share.
Thanks again Tamer. Yeah they'll remake ROTJ probably in the form of episode 9. I like the new aliens as well as the old. It would be nice to get some OT alien rebels/resistors in the upcoming movies.  Some of TFA's aliens were very close to some of the cantina patrons, like Wolfman, Hammerhead the one that looked like a blown up Bossk, but for some reason the made them different enough to be completely different species.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 05:57:29 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 01:15:03 PM »
Another great figure I especially like the soft goods on the character it fits nicely  !
Thanks Mr.Jedi! Yeah I have a love hate relationship with soft goods. I like the fabric, but it sometimes looks too big, ie TVC Leia. I found using a water white glue mixture sort of starches the fabric making it easier to work with. And the bag was a 1/12 WWRP  pouch. It works, but I'll make some finishing touches on him and the quarren.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 06:16:18 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2016, 07:55:46 PM »
  Sergeant  Elven Vazali. Like many Duro's, Vazali was a pacifist, he did not belive in war. He soon realized if no one fought for freedom, it can be easily taken away. Vazali grew up in an Aristocratic home, his Grandfather took him on many big game hunting expeditions, there he learned the skills and discipline needed to become the best marksman in the Alliance.

No frills or thrills here folks just a  POTJ Ellors Maddak + TVC commando. The inspiration for this character was a cross between Vasily Zaytsev (Enemy at the Gates), and  Alvin York (Sergeant York), with a slight hint of Manfred Von Richthofen (Red Baron).  I chose this figure/species for the squinty eyes, or irises, and stone face. Very reminiscent of many Spaghetti Western characters, and Kurosawa's Yojimbo.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 12:06:58 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2016, 03:14:21 AM »
Really enjoying that added to group shot. He looks right at home. Nice job.

Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 10:54:52 AM »
Really enjoying that added to group shot. He looks right at home. Nice job.

Off to share.
Thanks Tamer! The squad it almost complete. I figure every Star Wars team has six members including at least one droid. I got a cool idea for a droid. We'll see how it works.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2016, 04:47:41 PM »
    TX-1138 aka, "Tex", was an experimental reconnaissance droid developed by the Alliance Intelligence Command. The basic design was a resurrection of the Separatist B2 battle droid, however the central processor had been completely upgraded. TEX was programmed with a library of information, including Star and Planetary maps. As well as blueprints, schematics and readouts for every known Imperial; ship, fighter and ground vehicle. He was also programmed to know all Imperial protocol and decipher Imperial codes. He didn't have much of a personality, he was built to obey orders and relay information he did not feel emotions, or understand figurative language. This was problematic, as he had the tendency to carry out orders to its most literal extent.

I wasn't sure how it would turn out, well I'm still not sure about it. I imagine his voice being similar to a 2-1B surgical droid, deep, no accent, monotone. I just have one more figure to build to complete the squad. He'll be pretty cool, I may take my time, I'd like to get it right.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:51:31 PM by JDeck »

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2016, 06:00:14 PM »
JDeck, that walker is AWESOME, good idea of mashing up the 5POA heads with the SA bodies

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2016, 07:25:44 AM »
I think it is a great idea to add a droid to the mix. Kinda reminds me of the new Rogue One Droid. Off to share.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2016, 08:50:18 AM »
Cool droid.  I may have to steal this idea.  I've got droid parts everywhere.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2016, 10:58:02 AM »
JDeck, that walker is AWESOME, good idea of mashing up the 5POA heads with the SA bodies
    Thanks Foxtrot! The walker is a Revell model kit, it happened to be 3.75" scale, so that was cool. With the heads, well, when life gives you 5poa lemons....

I think it is a great idea to add a droid to the mix. Kinda reminds me of the new Rogue One Droid. Off to share.
  Thanks again Tamer! Yeah I sort of had this idea brewing before I saw the R1 trailer. Thats why I initially thought he was a Clone Wars era battle droid, but he's an Imperial droid of some kind.

Cool droid.  I may have to steal this idea.  I've got droid parts everywhere.

Thanks Jedi Minstrel! Yeah! I made the neck piece using plastic tube, with conduit around it. The head, I have no idea, just a resin piece from eBay.

Offline jon_k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2016, 12:29:02 PM »

I was thinking the same thing, looks great!

Offline bdc41866

• Commander
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2016, 05:58:51 PM »
Digging this whole squad. Could easily see them in Battlefront or in the Rogue One era. Sweeeeet....

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2016, 08:04:36 PM »

I was thinking the same thing, looks great!

Thanks  Jon_k ! I don't know why Disney created an Imperial droid for that purpose, when they could have used a CW battle droid, that would have connected the Trillogies.

Digging this whole squad. Could easily see them in Battlefront or in the Rogue One era. Sweeeeet....
Thanks BC!  I've been a Battlefront fan for  many years. That's the look I was going for. Sort of the unsung heroes of the Alliance.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:07:00 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2016, 10:33:21 PM »
Hey JDeck, I haven't commented much lately, but I really have enjoyed Panno's Raiders. The figures looks great (I especially like the Duro) and the backstories are really fun. Keep up the good work! Its great to see you doing some figures after all those models :)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2016, 05:32:42 PM »
Hey JDeck, I haven't commented much lately, but I really have enjoyed Panno's Raiders. The figures looks great (I especially like the Duro) and the backstories are really fun. Keep up the good work! Its great to see you doing some figures after all those models :)
  Thanks Starchaser! You know me, I'm all over the map, models, dios, figures. It has been quite a while since I've built some figures. Initially I was just going to make one for the AT-RT model, but I kept getting ideas. I like the duro too. Great head sculpt.